• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable Measuring Tool for Use in Reader X

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Geo-spatial PDF using ESRI's ArcGIS.  I opened the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro X and made some minor cosmetic changes.  In Acrobat Pro X I was able to use all the geospatial tools including the measuring tool.  I saved the changes to the PDF.

I now want to send the PDF to another person who only has Adobe Reader X and want them to have the functionality to use the measuring tool to measure buildings ect.  Currently they can see and use the object data tool, and the geospatial location tool, but not the measuring tool.  Is there anything else I need to do in Acrobat X to allow a Reader user to access this tool?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you need to save the PDF as  Reader Extended PDF in Acrobat X. This can be done from File>Save As>Reader Extended PDF>Enable Commenting and Measuring. This file will give the Measuring Tool option in Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines