Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import an exported .swf into specific window

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

How do you import a .swf file that was created by exporting a Captivate 5 file, back into a specific window in a Captivate file through activating a button? For example, I have a list of programs the viewer can access on the left of the screen. When they choose an item on the list I want a previously exported .swf file to appear in a designated window on the right of the screen. At this point I can only get new windows to open with the previously exported .swf.

thanks,

Barbara

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would not be possible to load the animation dynamically during runtime.

But, it can be achieved by the doing the following at edit time :

1. Insert the animation (Captivate published swf file) into the required slide in your project

2. Uncheck the "Visible" checkbox in the PI for the animation.

3. Insert a button of required style and in the required place on the same slide.

4. Uncheck the Visible Checkbox in the Animation PI to make it "not visible" during runtime.

5. In the Button PI, go to the Actions accordian and set the "On Success" value to "Show"

6. Choose the inserted animation name from the "Show" drop down.

During runtime, on clicking the button, the animation(imported swf) would play in the same slide as required.

Hope this solution helps.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it is helpful but your solution means the original show must be as large as the total number of pieces vs a shell and the requested pieces download on demand. I struggle with program size as I use a lot of photos and post programs on the web. Any advice for show resolution and image sizes to minimize total program file size?

Thanks

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

Would it be fine to have the external swf load on click of a button in the same browser session?

When the user switches to view the external swf, the original swf would have paused, thereby allowing the user to come back to the original swf and continue to proceed through the project.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting that I load the external swf with either new, top, or parent option? Which of these would allow the external show to play in a designated spot on the open browser window? All of the options seem to open a new browser window or replace the open window.

Thanks for working on this with me.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The external swf could be loaded with the "Current" option, by choosing "Open another project" option for On Success action. This option does not open a new browser window and plays the external swf in the same browser window as the original one. Clicking on the Back button on the browser of the external swf, takes the user back to the original swf, from where he can continue playing the project.

This also does not import the swf into the project, and hence avoid bloating of the cptx file. However, it requires that you include the external swf in the published output in the same directory as the original file's swf.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sushma,

I believe I'll stick with opening the external .swf in it's own "new"

window. When I embed the animation there is no option to pause the current

program when the viewer selects to see the embedded file. Also if the viewer

must hit the back arrow to close the external .swf in "current" window,

there is too much risk of forgetting to do that and opting instead to hit

the red x and close the window, thus closing the program.

You may want to suggest to the developers that they program this function so

it operates as a web page does when pulling in a media player movie.

thanks,

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barbara,

Will surely check with the dev's on this. Meanwhile, you could also log it as a Feature Request here.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources