Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic templates - are they available?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to RoboHelp and have rather basic question: is it possible to attach templates "dynamically" conditioned on the generated product?

I can see that RoboHelp provides Conditional Build Tags - do they apply to templates too? If so, how?

Here is my scenario:

I have several related applications with many shared components. Due to functionality overlap, I'd like to maintain only one single set of sources and be able to generate help files for each of my applications individually. Pages for applications should have distinct appearance (product name, product logo, etc.).

How can I do it? I thought of using application dedicated page templates. Is there a different way?

By the way, I'm using RoboHelp version 6 now but be soon upgrading to version 8.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum

RoboHelp 8 allows you to choose a master page OR a specific CSS when you generate your help, not both. Sounds like that would work for you.

If you take a look at the announcements on the RoboHelp and RoboHelp HTML forums, you will see that Adobe are beginning to give sneak peeks of RoboHelp 9. Take a hint.

BTW. This post is in the category for Microsoft HTML Help (CHMs) so I will move it to the RoboHelp HTML forum. Please take a look at the stick topics there. They will help you make better use of these forums.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp