• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for "How to get started with Captivate 5" tutorials online

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just when I had myself convinced that the Internet was the be all and end all of online learning, this new contract I just got will require the use of Captivate 5... and I find virtually nothing online to get me started. (We were going to use Camtasia but then the client decided she wanted Captivate instead.)

YouTube has 18 tutorials, only two of which are basic how-to vids. Google has 139,000 results but skimming/viewing them find little helpful there either. And don't get me started on the official training resources at the Adobe site, only one how-to and one new-features... and Adobe TV which I assumed would have lots of good vids. Nada.

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

Well, you have to understand that developing tutorials takes time. LOTS of time. And energy and resources. As a result, you likely won't find many folks crazy enough to wish to develop them and make them available at no charge.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried the Tutorials that come with the product? 

also FYI "Known issues with CP5 Tutorials that come with the product

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85772.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Captivate 5 ships with a set of Tutorials as part of "Getting started" with Captivate 5.

To invoke the Tutorials shipped with Captivate Click on the "Tutorials" link in the Getting started Section on the Welcome Page.

Before starting to use the tutorials go through the Link mentioned above.

WelcomeScreen.png

Thanks

Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashwin,

My colleague and I have been looking at the tutorials that come with Captivate 5, but have noticed an error. Whenever either of us try to get to the Editing tutorial, it takes us to the Recording tutorial. This happens on both of our computers. Is it just us, or is there a problem in the tutorial links?

Thanks,

Darin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Editing tutorials was missing when shipping. You can find a link to this tutorial in the blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/adobe-captivate-5-tutorials-missing-files.html

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One step forward, two steps backwards. I used the link you provided and went through the steps to get the proper link for the Editing tutorial. Unfortunately, now the Editing link works and the other links do not. Did the files I swapped out cause another mess?

Darin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, Jimmy, and Ashwin for your aswers. Yes, I realize that "...developing tutorials takes time. LOTS of time. And energy and resources." It's just that I have seen so many tutorials for so many programs - either on corporate sites or at YouTube - that I was expecting the same for Captivate.

The reason I was asking is that the client suddenly switched from Camtasia to Captivate for this contract project, but of course doesn't yet have Captivate... AND her corporate IT won't let her download the 30-day trial so I can work with it here. Guess I will do it at home and learn there. Trust me, as soon as she downloads it or buys it I will be all over the tutorials that come with it.

And WHY am I doing a contract with a program I've never used, you ask? Nothing new, do it all the time in my field as a Computer Trainer.

Details at eleven...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger also note that CP5 has only been out for a Month or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger,

If you are looking for a e-book, can recommend this Goober Guide from the moderator of this CP-forum, Rick Stone (Captiv8r):

http://www.gooberguides.com/ProductPages/Captivate/Captivate5Foundations.htm

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not online but a GREAT foundation to learn.  200 plus pages and very hands on.  Check out Iconlogics Skill and Drills Workbook.  In 2 days you can learn the foundations hands on.

http://www.iconlogic.com/adobe-Captivate-5-iconlogic-Essentials-workbook.htm

Very reasonably priced.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for the Iconlogic guides - I learned Cp4 with them in much the same way as the OP - in at the deep end with a project to deliver 🙂

There's also the Lynda.com demos for Cp4, not sure if there's a Cp5 version yet but the basic concepts are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources