• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Burrito] "Generate event handler" inserts handler at bottom of file.

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very happy that FlashBuilder has finally introducesd "Generate event handler". Is there an option to have the event handler inserted after the function the the cursor is in? It always puts the function at the bottom of the page. It takes almost as long to scroll down and find the event handler as it would have done to write it from scratch. SourceMate and I think possibly FDT put it directly below the current function which I find a lot better.

Thanks!

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please file a bug for this in http://bugs.adobe.com/flex ?

-Radhakrishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use goto definition (F3) to go to the handler definition rather than scrolling down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a good suggestion to use F3. Thanks.

I've added it to Jira as a feature enhancment as I'd still prefer it to be inserted in the area of code I'm working in but it could be personal preference. Maybe some peopel prefer it at the bottom. It just seemed surprising to me but there's no real right and wrong.

Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines