Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing the frame color around the topics pane

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently downloaded a trial version of robohelp 8 with a view to recommending it as the help authoring tool for a new project, in a compnay who have never used online help before.

One of the major requirements is that the output be customised to match the product. I've had great success using info from the Skinny on Skins and the forum and have added a company logo, changed colors and buttons, and removed the minibar navigation.

However, I have not been able to find info on changign the frame border color around the task pane. I've changed the border around the navigation pane (horizontal in whthost.js, vertical in whskin_frmset01.htm) and have worked out how to make the border around the topic pane invisible ( whskin_frmset01.htm) but i can't figure out how to change the border color on the topics pane.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Niamh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'whthost.js', 'whskin_frmset01.htm' and 'whskin_frmset01.htm' are in your Output files, I think (I am still on RoboHelp 7 so things are not exactly the same as on RH8).

I find it more convenient to do as many things as possible in the Resource files, so I do not have to edit or replace Output files every time I Generate the help.

The things you are trying to do should be possible by editing the Skin. On RH7, I find the Skin Editor a bit clumsy but the .skn file is not all that hard to figure out and edit in Notepad or some other text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of what you want to change? I don't understand what you mean by "the border color on the topics pane". You said earlier that you've made it invisible.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@perttime: where do I find the "resource files"? it would definitely be a help not to have to edit output files every time.

@William: in the first image you can see that I've made the border around the nav pane red, but the border around the topics pane is still gray (if you look closely the vertical line between the 2 panes actually consists of a red line and and gray line)

withdefaultgraytborder.gif

In the second image you can see that the gray border no longer displays.

withoutborder.gif

I am trying to figure out how to modify the gray border to make it red but all i can seem to do is make it dispay or not and I've tried everything I can think of.

The end result I would like the achieve is a red horizontal border all along the bottom on the tool bar pane. In theory making the border of the topics pane invisible and adding a bottom border to the toolbar should achieve this but I haven't been able to figure that out either.

Thanks for your responses so far, any further tips would be appreciated!

Niamh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The topic frame is in whskin_frmset01.htm. Look for the frame with the id 'topic'.

Perttime is talking about the skin file. In your project, the !SkinSubFolder!. Choose the skin you want to change and open the .skn file with a text editor like notepad. You can change the skin and there's no need to change the source files every time you create output.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By "resource files", I mean  the "Help Project" where all the files you edit are located, starting from the .xpj file that you open to get started.

Go there with Windows Explorer. Most files make some sort of sence if you are a bit familiar with HTML or XML. For some you need a little Java understanding.

The Output is probably in a folder named ' !SSL! '.

The skin files are in a folder that RoboHelp names ' !SkinSubFolder! '.

I did not yet figure out how to change the border colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp