• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need guidance on upgrading RH5 Merged WebHelp project to RH8

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from RH5 to RH8 to use with a new product my company is developing.  I have quite a large merged help project that I have been editing and reorganizing.  I have a version published and in use but I have an updated version about 75% finished.  I would like to do in RH8.  Is there anything I need to watch for or recommended method to upgrading each child and then the parent?  Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

There are only two upgrades for RoboHelp 8. If you are seeing four, something is wrong. Can you give us more information? A screenshot?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade the parent project, then one child project at a time.

No, really, it's that basic. What you might want to do is to make copies of your merged project and upgrade those copies until you're comfortable with the upgrade and its output. What you will find is that an upgrade of this type can easily expose flaws in the project that X5 was more tolerant of (remember, RH8 is xml-based).

We updated a 40-project, 2800-topic X5 merged WebHelp system to RH8 early last year, and I found it easier to keep going back to the X5 source to tweak formatting and such before the final update process, thereby achieving no down time in our workflow (six writers).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Leon said - make sure that you're fully patched up before upgrading the projects. There was an early version bug that messed up upgraded projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed RH8.  upgraded from RH5. How do  I get the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or this link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there are four different downloads for 8.  Should I download them all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One at a time - Adobe patches are sequential, not cumulative. You should end up at 8.0.2.208

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only two upgrades for RoboHelp 8. If you are seeing four, something is wrong. Can you give us more information? A screenshot?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am good to go.  All updated.  The other two downloads were for FlashHelp and Activate 5.Thank you all for your timely help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp