Expand my Community achievements bar.

Purge running process

Level 4

Hi all,

I have a problem that the process table getting too large, when update to a new version with new variable, It will take over 70min for every single new variable.

It is because LiveCycle will alter the table and add the new variable one by one, and the long alter time cause the activate process to timeout and failed.

Now I try to purge the process to down size the table, but I have a problem that many user just leave the notifiy process (e.g. Your workflow is approved) running, and the purgeProcess tools and funcion can only purge completed or terminated process.

So, my question is, are there any method to purge process, no matter what their status is?

Am also tried to write some code to terminate the process with no luck, because we are using turnkey install with the default MySQL (ver is 8.2.1), so we also hit the bug (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408643.html), and we tune down the # of connection and we just keep getting the no managed connect exception although we tried to terminate one process every 15s only.

Regards

Bill

3 Replies

Level 10

You can use the adminui if they are long lived (under Process Management).

Jasmin

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the reply, I guess you mean to terminate process with adminui.

But too bad that it won't work for me, coz as I said, I have a large table and that's mean it have more then 20000 records, it is not a good idea to terminate them with adminui, coz the page will reset to the first one once terminate, and with the mysql bug, I can only terminate them one by one.

If you mean purge, I don't find any in ES1, maybe you mean ES2?

Regards

Bill

Former Community Member

You could write a client using one of the APIs to iterate through the running processes and terminate them.