• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulleted Lists Appear Differently from the same CSS

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is something that may end up melting my brain. I thought I should post here before that happens.

I'm using RoboHelp 8 to output a couple of different projects using the Browser Based Adobe AIR format. These two projects use the exact same CSS file (well, not the exact same file, but the same file exists for both projects), but the bulleted lists for the two projects don't look the same. For example, here's Project A. Project A is  how things should work:

bullettime01.png

The line at the side of the image is the frame for the AIR output. Note that the bullet is fairly close to the text. This is what I want. Now, consider Project B:

bullettime02.png

A vast chasm now separates bullet from text. Again, these projects share the same CSS settings between them. So, I ask: how can I get rid of the space between the bullet and the text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As I see it, there are three possibilities (or a combination of those):

* Somewhere, there's a style in your css that is overwriting the syle you want. To test this, try project B with the exact css of project A.

* You have inline styling in project B. Look for a <style> tag in the top of the file and also for style attributes in the lists.

* The HTML of the lists is not the same. Please check the HTML.

Can you post the HTML of both projects so we can have a look?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking your suggestions in order:

-I'm not sure how I can test this first part. When I generate Project B, I can't use any CSS files outside of the project itself, so I can't use the CSS from Project A. For what it's worth, I copied Project A's CSS into Proejct B, but it didn't make any difference.

-I don't seem to have any style tags mucking things up.

-Here comes some HTML! I'm including these as images; let me know if there's a better way.

Here's Project A:

bullettime03.png

Hopefully everyone can read that.

Here's Project B:

bullettime04.png

To my eye, there isn't anything different between the two. Which is why this is melting my brain.

I'll take a look at some of the other suggestions offered, and report back if anything pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You may be able to test the different CSS's by creating the output from project B, and pasting the CSS from project A in the output from project B. Rename the CSS from project A to the name of the CSS from project B. I do agree with Peter that it is highly likely that this problem arises from the way RoboHelp works with lists in RH8.

The HTML is the same, so that can't be the problem. Are both projects AIR projects, or do you also create webhelp?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

FWIW this has been the bane of existence for many folks (myself included) since RoboHelp 8 arrived and changed the bullets playing field. I fight this regularly. IE will show them correct and Firefox won't. I go edit and make them pretty in Firefox and it hoses IE.

Hopefully Willam can impart some good wisdom here. I've been all through the materials on his site and Peter's and I'm still stymied with it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Willam will agree that is exactly the sort of difference that arises from the change in the way the styles are defined now and the way they were defined.

See Using RH8 on my site where there is information about how the styles were and are now written.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp