Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cap5 - Auto text captions not picking up UI

Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Captivate 5. One person had no text captions while recording even though that option was checked. We deleted her captivate_v40.dat and her captions work correctly. (Is that v40...for Captive 4...not sure why her problem in C5 is fixed) We had C4 and upgraded.

When I record slides I get text captions, but they all have the same text "Select". None of the user interface elements appear in the caption....just the one word.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Can you please let us know which application were you doing the recording on? Was it a Flex/swf/AIR/Javascript appliaction?

For recording on  Flex/swf/AIR/Javascript appliaction, some of the UI interfaces like menu items etc., will not be shown as text captions while recording; Only Select caption is shown.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a web browser. My coworker is capturing same application and it works for her. I can't even get it to capture menus in Microsoft Outlook.

I am using a new text caption box that someone created for us. Could that have anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working now. Yesterday, I renamed the Adobe Captivate folder located in \myname\Application Data\Adobe\ after I saw a blog mentioning to try that. My machine also rebooted overnight. My captions seem to be working today.

Oops I was a little over zealous. The captions now work when capturing Outlook but not with my company's software. Two of my coworkers can capture our company's software and two of us cannot. We have reinstalled and downloaded the new upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested to know how you resolved this issue. I have recently 'upgraded' from v3 to v5 and get the 'Select only' text boxes when I record mouse clicks (menus, buttons, dropdowns etc). In v3 the text messages were more informative, eg. 'Select xzy from the combo box' or  'Select the so-and-so link'. Now I just get 'Select'.

Generally, anyone out there: Is this a known issue or I have a failed to find the setting to turn this on?

I am capturing a web application (non Flash) and have tried both IE and Firefox. I have applied the Captivate v5 patch.

atb/mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it isn't resolved. I have been working with Adobe support and they are researching the problem. My IT department completely removed Captivate 5 and all files and cleaned up the registry and reinstalled. They tried using a different user profile and turned off all non-essential services and still the same issue. It seems to pick up page names, but nothing else.

Adobe support was supposed to call me back yesterday, but they have not done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it is now fixed. We upgraded to Windows 7. We also noticed it did not work on the computers that had XP and Service Pack 3; however, it did work on a machine that had XP with Service Pack 2.

Connie Lopez

ON•DEMAND Learning

Courseware Developer

RealPage, Inc.

4000 International Parkway

Carrollton, TX 75007

connie.lopez@realpage.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources