Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control Characters visible in code view

Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how I managed to turn on this "feature" but when I'm looking at any .cfc file in CFBuilder I see lightly grayed out controll characters (like \n for new line or >> for tab, or ..... for spaces). Not a really big deal, but damned annoying when you're staring at it for a while. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Try this: http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2010/4/30/Eclipse-Tip--Whitespace-characters-visible-when-they-are-turned-off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2010/4/30/Eclipse-Tip--Whitespace-characters-visible-when-they-are-turned-off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank god somebody had an answer to this!!! I might have gone crazy if I'd had to look at that much longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll share that I point out that and many other little hidden gems in a talk of that name, available online:

http://carehart.org/presentations/#cfbgems

I realize you wouldn't have thought to look there for the answer, but I'm saying that if folks using CFB were to check it out, they may learn lots of other little surprises (solutions/features) like that. Hope it helps someone.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie,

I'll definitely checkout the presentation.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to do this once, and luckily managed to find Ray's article just before my head actually went through the wall I'd been smashing it into for the previous hour or so.

God Bless those who bother finding solutions rather than using my personal favourite, the "roll back to last Acronis image and be more careful next time".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that get's turned on often when people try to do a > and they accidentally hit CTRL + . (Period)

So hit Ctrl + . to turn it off.  On a Mac it's Cmd + .

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation