Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indexed keywords linked to html text instances of the indexed phrase

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im searching for something that Im not sure exists within Robohelp. Im looking for a way to use my indexed text phrase (Example: "something") that links to an html document within my project (Example: "something.html") and is available from my index. Im trying to find all instances of the indexed phrase "something" within all documents in the project and link to the indexed destination. So wherever "something" appears in any of my documents, it will be a hyperlink to "something.html". Is this possible??

The obvious solution would be to use brute force to search and replace, but if things change like the destination file name or when new documents are added, Im going to have to remember to search for all keywords. A data base of the terms and their linkage would be much cleaner and efficient, if its possible..

Thanks for your help in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Matt

Sounds like you need to investigate using the Smart Index Wizard. The Wizard works in a few different ways. One way is to specify a list of keywords and let it traverse the topics in the project and link any topics containing the words to the index.

Tools > Smart Index Wizard is one way to open it up.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already used the smart index wizard to produce my index (which was really nice by the way), but this isnt what Im trying to do. These links are only available from the index, not from the individual html document text, correct? I want the keyword "something" to be referenced from the index in the individual html pages and get wrapped in "<a href="something.html>something</a>" based on the linkage href from the index. This way when someone is reading along and they need further information on something, they dont have to jump to the index to get there. They would be able to get there directly by clicking on that keyword in the current document. Is this possible or is this functionality something that I need to create?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Matt

My apologies for misunderstanding.

matt Glomb wrote:

...Is this possible or is this functionality something that I need to create?

Actually, it's a bit of both. From this new description I would have to surmise that you would do well to use the "Keyword Link". (Insert > Keyword Link)

This beastie is a control you insert into a topic that you map to an Index Keyword. You choose the keyword it points to as well as whether you see a pop up dialog or a scrollable list and you also have a choice of appearance. The result can look like a button, simple text or be hidden.

Give that a shot and see how you like it. Additionally, if you test it in preview, you will see a message indicating that it only works in HTML Help. But I think if you are creating WebHelp or FlashHelp, it is converted properly. So that's a bit of a misnomer.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woot! Thats exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp