Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to Baggage Files - Other Project Files

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've checked all the forum postings on baggage files but can't find a similar situation.  I've been asked to have multiple links (different content) to another groups RH project and have been told much of their content is in baggage files.  I'm going to test this when I get access to the project, but shouldn't I be able to link to something in their RH project that is part of a baggage file?  I thought this just ensured that the content that is in the baggage file went along with the project.

If I don't have the source code to their project and am just looking to link to a topic that is indeed in a baggage file, it would be transparent to me, wouldn't it?

Thanks for any explanations you can offer.

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH version?

RH output (yours and theirs)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  RH8 for both projects with WebHelp output.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that they might be baggage files should not influence this at all; it's linking from your output files to their output files, regardless of how they got there.

As long as you can be assured of the location of all of these files in the final analysis, then simply create (coded in HTML) relative links, based on the folder hierarchy that will be in place.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Leon.  I didn't think it would make a difference but someone asked about the content being in a baggage file and wanted to be sure.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp