Exit

Mac OS X keeps asking for firewall permissions

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use Flash Builder 4 Premium with Mac OS X 10.6.4 and every time I start FB, a

popup ask if I allow FB to get incoming connections. It is okay to ask once (I configured

the firewall to do so), but the answer should be remembered. Every other application

do, even Lotus Notes (also a eclipse based application) - only FB is every time asked.

Does anybody know, how to fix this?

Greetings,

Gregor Féng

PS: Sorry for the horrible english ... (^_^)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I have logged a bug for this -> http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-30237

You can vote for the issue if you feel it has to be fixed, and we might consider it in our coming release.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A quick question:

While launching FB do you have any other application already running on port 8765?

Thanks,

Balaji

http://balajisridhar.wordpress.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

sorry for the delay. The port 8765 is free and not bound to any interface.

In the security preferences is Flash Builder listed and allowed for incoming

traffic (green point).

Thanks,

Gregor Féng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.  I have gone to System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall  and set Flash Builder 4 to allow incoming connections and still am asked to allow incoming connections every time I start the application.

Screen shot 2010-07-09 at 8.18.03 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After performing a port scan on my own machine it appears port 8765 only opens up after launching Flash Builder and clicking allow each time even though an initial firewall exception is supposedly added on first launch in OS X's GUI based firewall preference pane for Adobe Flash Builder 4.app.

So, even though the exception is added on first launch of FB it does not appear to do anything on allowing an exception on port 8765 as a permanent preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

It happens with Vuze as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem as well, but I've figured out the cause (on my machine, at least) — the signature on the Flash Builder application is invalid. If an application with an invalid signature listens for incoming network connections, the Mac OS X firewall will prompt for permission every time the application launches.

You can check for this yourself using the codesign command-line utility. I was having the same problem with iTunes, and found a support discussion that says you can fix it by reinstalling iTunes (so that its signature still matches the application). Here's what codesign says about iTunes now that I've done just that:

codesign -vv /Applications/iTunes.app
/Applications/iTunes.app: valid on disk
/Applications/iTunes.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

Here's what codesign says about Flash Builder on my machine:

codesign -vv /Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.app
/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4/Adobe Flash Builder 4.app: a sealed resource is missing or invalid
/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4/Adobe Flash Builder 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash Builder 4.ini: resource modified

I'm going to try reinstalling Flash Builder, to see if that fixes it (and if it stays fixed).

Message was edited by: Mediascape_Josh — edited to (hopefully) be legible this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem as well, anyone ever determine a solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that is not a solution is reinstalling Flash Builder — the same problem reappeared almost immediately. I'll have to repeat the whole experiment again to make a useful bug report out of my information, but the damage might have been done by the installer itself (and I think it was a different file that Adobe is corrupting).

There is an ugly workaround for this situation, but I'm hesitant to explain it due to an assortment of possible complications (anyone who knows the system well enough to understand the complications should be able to guess the workaround for themselves).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I have logged a bug for this -> http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-30237

You can vote for the issue if you feel it has to be fixed, and we might consider it in our coming release.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem with Flash Builder 4.7 (Mac OS X 10.7.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a regression, so it should be fixed regardless of voting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines