Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle form output to xml

Level 1

Hi. I'm fairly new to Livecycle (running Livecycle 8.0) and have created a pdf

form for users to fill out here at work. They would fill out the form and would print and file the form. I want to extract the data to an xml file for importing into a system we have. I have created a data connection using a sample xml file and all works well except for checkboxes. My form has a large number of checkboxes for the users to select items from. Those items would be bound to a field in the xml data. However, I'm finding that when I test the form, I can't seem to select more than 1 checkbox. If I select one, then the next, the 2nd clears the first. This only happens when it's bound to the xml. With no binding, the checkboxes work as expected. I'm at a total loss here.Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

If you can forward the form and a sample .xml I would be happy to take a look.

stwalker.adobe@gmail.com

Steve

Level 1

Thank you so much. I'm attaching a zip with the Livecycle form, resulting pdf and the xml structure (from sample data). The only thing I can think is it won't allow binding more than 1 item to a field. This xml data is for preprints for a newspaper and 1 preprint will have any number of dealer codes tied to it and that's where I'm having the problem. In the form there are checkboxes for all possible dealer codes and all selections should go to the dealer-code tag in the resulting xml data.

Thanks again.

Former Community Member

The attachment feature is not available to non-employees. We have been hacked to many times. Please send the .zip to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com

Steve