Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Resetting window position?

Level 7

If I run Enterprise Cafe (AIR) on a dual-monitor setup and move the GUI to the 2nd monitor (non-primary) on Windows, then remove the 2nd monitor (its a laptop) - there is no way to display the GUI or even reset its position.

How do I reset the window back to use the 1st monitor?

thanks,.

4 Replies

Employee

Please quit the app and restart it. Did that work for you?

Cheers – Marc.

Level 7

No - the laptop has been rebooted fully quite a few times since i had the 2nd monitor attached.  I can actually see the window animation go to where the 2nd screen would be if it was still there.

Where are the window settings stored?

Level 7

Ok found it -  on windows 7:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\EnterpriseCafe.E7BED6E5DDA59983786DD72EBFA46B1598278E07.1\Local Store

[preferences.xml]

<preference name="appPositionX" value="2368"/>

<preference name="appPositionY" value="99"/>

Reset these, save the file and its back in position.

Be great to have a way to do this from the Taskbar context menu. Or even better check Screen.bounds on startup and reset if its not inside the bounding rectangle.

Level 1

If you lost your dialog windows on a multi-screen setup (typicaly a dialog window is out of frame in a disabled or turned of screen) : disable the second / tird screen temporarily, close application, launch application. All dialog windows are reset to their default position in the single screen. Re-enable second / third screen.