Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full motion recording, blank white slides,win7

Dec 18, 2010 Dec 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, could someone be so kind to help me resolve my confusion by using Adobe Captivate 5?   when I use this tool to record my actions under Win7 system, I found it cannot record anything with Full Motion selected.   I did choose run as administrator, and even choose compatible mode such as winxp, but still got nothing except  blank white slides, while there's  audio recorded though.  Btw,I’m not realy sure whether two systems would make this trouble? Actually, I setup Win7 via bootcamp in my macbook pro.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does this mean  Automatic Recording is working properly? (That would ensure there are no access privileges related errors).

Can you please check if the FMR Working folder is correct?  (Edit->Preferences->Recording->FMR)

On your Win7 machibe It would be something like

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Temp\CP<unique_name>Session\ForFMR<unique_name>

You may set it to any writeable folder on your disk. Just make sure it is NOT THE SAME AS THE APPILCATION FOLDER.

If you are not too sure about what has to be set, you may consider deleting the preferences folder also (You can locate the preferences folder at

C:\Users\<user_name>AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate 5. Remove the entire Captivate 5 folder)

Let us know what happened.

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Siva

Thanks for your reply!

After I changed the fmr working folder to a simple named folder, e:\cp , full motion recording works excellently just like I tested it in winxp system. I think it's all because of my incorrect folder name, actually, I chose a Chinese named folder as fmr working folder before...

Your advice really save my life!!!! :D. Thank you very much!

Chris

发自我的 iPad

在 Dec 20, 2010,1:26 PM,Sivakumar Nagarajan <forums@adobe.com> 写到:

Hi

Does this mean Automatic Recording is working properly? (That would ensure there are no access privileges related errors).

Can you please check if the FMR Working folder is correct? (Edit->Preferences->Recording->FMR)

On your Win7 machibe It would be something like

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Temp\CP<unique_name>Session\ForFMR<unique_name>

You may set it to any writeable folder on your disk. Just make sure it is NOT THE SAME AS THE APPILCATION FOLDER.

If you are not too sure about what has to be set, you may consider deleting the preferences folder also (You can locate the preferences folder at

C:\Users\<user_name>AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate 5. Remove the entire Captivate 5 folder)

Let us know what happened.

Cheers

Siva

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources