Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Workbench ES2 - "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working" Error

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am getting this error when I try to create a new process o open an existing process.

"Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working"

The only option is to click on a "Close" button and end the LC Workbench ES2 program.

Also, when I try to open an existing form, it displays 'garbage' - a screenfull of control unrecognizable characters - instead of the form itself.

When this error comes up, I also get a pop-up window with a list of log entries / errors (please see attached: Java Platform SE binary has stopped working.jpg)

Environment:

Windows Vista Ultimate running on HP Desktop (e9107c Intel CORE 2 Quad Processor withy 8 GB RAM, 750GB HDD)

Downloaded and installed the Trial Version of LiveCycle ES2 package (Windows JBoss version)

The LiveCycle ES2 server is installed properly and is working with the following services. Are there any missing services?

LiveCycle Output ES2, LiveCycle Rights Management ES2, LiveCycle PDF Generator ES2 Evaluation, LiveCycle Process Management ES2, LiveCycle Workspace ES2, Applications and Services, LiveCycle ContentServices ES2, LiveCycle Forms ES2

I already had Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended 9.2 and the associated LiveCycle Designer instaleld prior to installing the Trial of LC ES2.

Basesd on the installation insttructions, I deleted the Designer ES from my Acrobat Pro Extended and instaleld the LC Workbench ES2.

Now I don't see a seprate entry for the LC Designer ES2 anymore on my Start >> Programs.

And th newly installed LC Workbench is not working

Any help in making the workbench 'work' is greatly appreciated.

Are there any tests we can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Here is some additional information that may be helpful in identifying the cause for this problem.

Here is the Exact ERROR :

Java (TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Button: "Close Program".

On clicking that button, the error window goes away; the main LC WB ES2 program also closes; but a long error window appears. The full screenshot was attached in my original message. The top few lines are reproduced below.

JVMterminated. Exit code=255
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeLiveCycleWorkbench ES2\workbench\jre\javaw.exe
-Xms128m
-Xmx512m
-XX:PermSize=256m
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=40

========Here is teh cutrrent status ===================

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 is working properly: Good

Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2 has ONE problem
1. Program Starts properly
2. I am able to login to the LCES2 server
3. I am able to Browse and select sample projects
4. I am ble to create an Application, a folder, and a Form
5. I am able to invoke the LC Designer ES2  from within Workbench (while creating a form)
6. I am able to "invoke" an existinmg sample process in a web browser (not within workbench environment)

The main problem is...
I am NOT able to create a new process or open existing process using workbench

Since it gives Java Platform SE error, I checked the versions of various Java Run Time Environments on my pc.

Properties of javaw.exe in different folders:

1. My Computer's JRE (common to all apps)
Folder: Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\
File Name: javaw.exe: Java Platform SE Binary
Version: 6.0.170.4

2. Adobe LiveCycleWorkbench ES2
Folder: Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycleWorkbench ES2\jre\bin\
Version: 6.0.20.6

2.1 Adobe LiveCycleDesigner ES2
Folder: Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycleWorkbench ES2\LiveCycleDesigner ES2\jre\bin\
Version: 6.0.140.6

2.2 workbench
Folder: Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycleWorkbench ES2\workbench\jre\bin\
Version: 6.0.70.6

I tried to use the same versions of JRE in all these folders; that didn't work..

I hope someone can throw more light on this and find the real cause.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Former Community Member

Yes, finally, the problem is solved!

If we uninstall Office 2007, LC Workbench works perfectly.

But we nee to find out why this conflict... The Adobe package should co-exist with Office.

Thanks!

Level 2

I assume this is not the sole reason cause I have it running under Win7 64 Bit with Office 2007 and and a colleague of mine has nearly the same setup (in respect to HW und OS and Office version and has the same issue as described.

Former Community Member

Hi

Yes, I can't say for sure; but several experiments conducted prompt me to conclude this way until I find it otherwise

My environment was Win Vista Ultimate 64bit; Office 2007 Pro, Ultimate, Enterprise (all gave the same problem).

I would like to know any other ways to make it work in my environment. I certainly want to try and make it work. I am open for any suggestions.

The way you packaged the trial version for Linux (using VMware virtual machine), can you package the trial version for Windows Virtual PC 2007 or Virtual Server 2005 R2 ?  That would help to try your software in a clean / tested environment.

Thank you!

Former Community Member

I have same ploblem in Window 7 (32bit).

I should not uninstall MS Office 2007 for my another works.

how do i solve this ploblem ?

Former Community Member

Please try to uninstall only "Groove 2007" (not all of Office 2007); it should solve the problem.

Former Community Member

if I uninstall only Groove in office 2007 or install Office 2007 Pro,

when i try to open process, crashed workbench ES2.

So, I uninstalled full office 2007. ...that's ok! it works.

what's wrong..? my locale is korean.

Level 4

I think if we could Increase the Heap size alloted to Java then we can solve this problem. Can anyone tell me how can I increase the Java Heap size inside workbench's JRE.

thanks.

-

Abhinav