• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding logos to tool bars

Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Robohelpers,

I'm just trying to make a custom skin for a client who would like his logo in the tool bar of his webhelp (i.e where content/search/toc buttons/tabs are displayed).

Not a problem, I said. Give me a day.

Thing is, the insert image part of editing the skin is a real headache. Firstly, I would quite like to get rid of the search box, and as far as I can see there is no option to remove buttons in the skin editor - there is only a plus button for new ones. Even selecting the Search bar item and pressing delete doesn't work.

This wouldn't be the end of the world, except that as far as I can tell, there is no easy way to anchor the logo where I would like. In Photoshop, I whisked up a header bar with the logo in it, but where the logo ends up on the published webhelp is up to the whim of the size of the window that is displayed. Any adjustment to the window size results in the logo moving, sometimes behind the aforementioned search bar or other aesthetic nastiness.

Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks as always for any help in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at the Single Source Layout recipe for WebHelp you should see a Next button that allows advancing through different screens. It may be the second screen where you see a list of check boxes that allow you to choose which buttons are presented and you may also re-order them from this screen. Not sure if it's the first screen or a subsequent (don't have Robo in front of me at the moment) but there is an option that allows you to choose whether to present the Search field in the main toolbar. Just clear the option if you don't wish to see it.

As for the logo, not exactly sure what to suggest there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply...

Yeah, I remember that being the case at the point of generating, and that will solve the problem, but the difficulty was that not being able to turn it off in the skin designer meant it was really hard to 'preview' the skin and get the logo in the right place (although, of course, given my other issue, this is moot now). May submit a feature request to remove buttons in the skin creator so you can get a better idea in the preview what the skin will look like...

Anyone else any thoughts on the logo issue?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my original Default.skn file, for RoboHelp 7, there's a section for an Adobe copyright logo. I'd try tweaking that manually in Notepad or something (change all the texts and add an image location).

Don't know if this will do it but it might.

<toolbaritem mode="Logo Mode" type="built-in-logo" id="7">
   <name>About</name>
   <image></image>
   <author>Adobe</author>
   <email></email>
   <description></description>
   <companyinformation>
    <image></image>
    <name>Adobe</name>
    <copyright>Copyright © 2006, Adobe Systems</copyright>
    <homepage>http://www.adobe.com</homepage>
   </companyinformation>
   <titleinformation>
    <image></image>
   </titleinformation>
  </toolbaritem>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Perttime,

Thanks for this, you definitely got me on the right track... I was trying to change the about button, and I stumbled upon the fact I could add new buttons... so I added a button with no function with my company's logo as the skin.

job done!

Thanks to you and Rick for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp