• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Whiteout" effect for Acrobat Professional 6.0

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a PDF where some text need to be removed and replaced with other text.  I do not want to alter the formating of the remaining text. and the 'text tool' does not allow me to alter it.  Looking for a way to highlight an area surrounding the text then type the desired text over the white space.  Guidance sought

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you are wanting. I just tried the Text Box Tool and it puts a filled white box over things and allows typing. Unfortunately, modifying the text size is not really available, though you can enter text in WORD or other place and copy it with a size difference. Not sure why, but then I do not use this tool much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much thanks for your timely reply.  Yes I did the same thing.   Regrettably I now can see my 'overwrite' text can be seen as well as the original text I attempted to cover over.  Tried larger type, modifying the dimensions of the blue box, etc.  Patent PDF Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what you are doing wrong. You might want to check the properties of the text box. A simple example of what I got is below:

junkx.jpg

I put a text box over part of the legend and the graph. Keep in mind, the use of such a box should not be considered pure, the info is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Acrobat X you can use the redaction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines