Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ES1 Laggy Process Editing

Former Community Member

Several of my 8.2 processes are quite large (perhaps 200+ activities).  Unfortunately, the requirements of the process means that I don't have a great deal of subprocess flexibility.  They are getting painful to edit because:

1. it takes a long time to save changes
  2. it takes a long time to launch to edit
  3. moving activities around the screen is slow
  4. activities no longer want to "line up" to the workbench grid when done moving
  5. Mouse up on drag activity often doesn't want to release the activity

I suspect this has a lot to do with the fact that the Workbench UI is in constant contact with the LC Server.

So ... my question is, does ES2, 9.0, 9.5 eliminate a lot of these issues by allowing you to work in the local sandbox where a constant updating of the LC Server is not required?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

One of the major internal changes of the Process Editor is to base its graphic manipulation on a Flash based authoring experiance. Additionally, the periodic background commuication with the server has been largely removed. Your experience editing large process maps with ES2 should be substaintially better than it was with the 8x product.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 8

The ES2 Workbench allows you to work on a local copy of the process that is then uploaded (deployed) to the server when you want to run it.  There is still some communication with the server, but its much less chatty

Correct answer by
Level 1

One of the major internal changes of the Process Editor is to base its graphic manipulation on a Flash based authoring experiance. Additionally, the periodic background commuication with the server has been largely removed. Your experience editing large process maps with ES2 should be substaintially better than it was with the 8x product.