Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Air file is failing with no results or messages

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I don't know if I am just being stupid, as what I am doing should be simple, but maybe I am. I am using the Burrito Preview, and I have an air app that I am trying to do a release export build to produce an AIR file from. However, when I do the release export build wizard, I get no output. I follow all of the steps of the output, and if I navigate to the folder I can watch the swf and air get created, along with a .tmp file. However, when the export completes, Flash Builder deletes these files AND the folder that they were supposed to be exported to. Thank goodness I was just trying to output to the standard bin-release not somewhere else. Has anyone else seen this problem? I looked through the log file and it doesn't seem to be appending anything to the file after I attempt a release. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I switched over to a machine running Flash Builder 4 (not burrito) and it exports fine. Any one have any ideas on how I can find what is wrong so that I can report it to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

I'm getting the same problem with Burrito and Air Export using a trusted certificate.

Steps,

1) Project -> Export Release Build

2) Select "Export and sign an AIR file" Click Next (the build starts)

3) In the new dialog I enter the password for the selected certificate and press Finish

4) a popup "Updating compiler settings..." a background (re)build task starts.

5) Nothing happens, the "Package Settings" dialog does not go away and I can press Finish for ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update

The problem seems to be the verbosity level of the compiler and incorrect Application Descriptor file content (which Burrito generates)

I started compiling the app using the command line (amxmlc and adt) and got various error messages.

These errors where not reported during a regular build/test inside Burrito and are introdcued with Buritto/SDK 4.5.

These where some of the issues with my project:

1) c:\PATH\TO\PROJECT\App.xml: error 303: Icon icons/appIcon_32.png is missing from package (manual addition to the App Descriptor file)

2) c:\PATH\TO\PROJECT\App.xml(11): error 105: application.initialWindow.content contains an invalid value (generated on project creation in Burrito)

3) c:\PATH\TO\PROJECT\App.xml(29): error 103: application.autoOrients is an unexpected element/attribute
4) c:\PATH\TO\PROJECT\App.xml(30): error 103: application.fullScreen is an unexpected element/attribute
5) c:\PATH\TO\PROJECT\App.xml(31): error 103: application.visible is an unexpected element/attribute

6) undefined property: var appXML:XML = NativeApplication.nativeApplication.applicationDescriptor;

Error 2: Change the line: <content>[This value will be overwritten by Flash Builder in the output app.xml]</content>

With: <content>YourApp.swf</content>

Error 6:

Apparently NativeApplication.nativeApplication.applicationDescriptor is not available in Hero ?

Commenting out the offending lines solved the problems, the command line build succeeded and starting the build from Burrito worked also flawlessly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines