Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I thought it was aligned...

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just published this site for a friend of mine:

www.paintingbydarlene.com and it looks fine in all browers on my laptop as well as my iPhone, but when my friend looks at it on his computer, the aligning is

off. When I look at it in my computer at work, the aligning is off as well. I assume it's because of the bigger screens, but how do I fix this issue so that everything shows up in the grey box in all browers, regardless of the screen size? I added a "center" tag at the top of the coding and "/center" at the bottom, but obviously that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What Adobe product are you using? You posted in a forum dedicated for supporting Adobe RoboHelp and I'm doubtful that you are using RoboHelp.

Assuming you posted a legitimate question, you need to re-post this in the forum where the product you are using is discussed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like RoboHelp to me

Anyway, replace the central <center> by <div id="centerplaceholder"> and add the following css:

div#centerplaceholder {

width: 921px;

margin: 0 auto;

position: relative;

}

(Don't forget the </center> tag.) You may also want to consider to turn the grey image into a css background image to improve page performance.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a really hard time finding a forum that was in line with what I needed. I was under the impression that I was in a Dreamweaver Layout Issues area, but now that I'm looking at the hierarchy, I can see that I am NOT in a Dreamweaver Layout Issue forum..Oopsies!

Thanks for the help, I will try that code and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp