Expand my Community achievements bar.

Events working on one server and not the other

Former Community Member

We have a development and a production server for LC. I have events working on the development server that accept parameters.

The services were deployed to the production server and the following error occured:

2010-05-04 09:14:04,203 ERROR [STDERR] May 4, 2010 9:14:04 AM com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler execute
SEVERE: Exception thrown while calling back a DSC componentINVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

2010-05-04 09:14:04,203 INFO  [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job Asynchronous.SWR.RAAC.RequestSendEmail:12729788401870.18563775243350922 threw a JobExecutionException:
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

[See nested exception: java.lang.Exception: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified. ]
    at com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler.execute(ServiceCallbackHandler.java:102)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.
    at com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler.execute(ServiceCallbackHandler.java:101)
    ... 2 more
Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.
    at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.idp.event.xml.XMLGenerator.createElement(XMLGenerator.java:500)
    at com.adobe.idp.event.xml.XMLGenerator.createEventDataDocument(XMLGenerator.java:293)
    at com.adobe.idp.event.content.EventContent.createEventDataXML(EventContent.java:173)

I took the xml from the production service and ran it through the development server, it worked fine.

Any idea as to where to start the troubleshooting?

Cheers,

5 Replies

Former Community Member

That is not the issue. That is the first thing that I checked. I know that this is caused by ansi vs UTF-8.

Thanks for the thought though.

Former Community Member

It would seem that when the LCA we created to be pushed to production, the event template XSD did not get rolled up. So when the LCA was deployed, there was no definition for the event.

What would cause this? Do you have to select another option when creating the LCA? Do you have to re-define the template after the LCA is deployed?

Further information would be greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member

Did you manage to resolve this issue at the end?

Regards,

Vik