Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text formatting problems in Presenter

Mar 01, 2010 Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a strange problem and I want to see if anyone else out there is experiencing the same thing. I created a Powerpoint presentation from one of Microsoft's templates and on each slide the text was formatted as left aligned. I went to the Adobe Presenter tab and published to the SWF file format. Then when I viewed the SWF file, all the text changed to center aligned.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the exact name of the PowerPoint template you used, so that I can try it on my end and provide feedback?

RJ Jacquez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The templates is called Sample Presentation Slides (white with yellow-magenta design). By the way, I tried it using another MS template and it seemed to be okay. Maybe there is just something defective with that particular template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with the text centering and an additionaly problem of addtional line spacing being inserted by Presenter.  However, I am not using an MS template, but my company template.  The formatting on my ppt looks fine (left justified with single spaced lines), but when I publish it, Presenter centers my text and inserts additional line spacing thus thoroughly destroying the formatting of the presentation.   What is the fix for this?  I am using version 7.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has recently released a path for Presenter(7.0.6) that addresses some of the text related issues

Kindly update to the latest version and then try.

If you still face issues, kindly report them in the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Vishesh!!! - that fixed the problem of the text centering and line spacing - here is a link for instructions on how to do the upgrade.

http://www.cilt.und.edu/support/facultystaff/presenter/presenter_instructor.html

Additionally:  I had another challenge that I had not previously mentioned which did not get fixed by these updates and that is that the audio recording speeds up on its own on a few slides.  It's not so bad that the ebook is ruined - but it is noticable.  As stated this challenge did not go away with the upgrade patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that the text formatting issue was resolved

Regarding the Audio thing, we have not encountered any such issue.

To help us investigate what exactly the issue is, would be great if you could share the project files with vishesh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate that, but unfortunately it contains highly confidential material about the direction of our company in 2011 and 2012, so I will not be able to share it outside of my company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources