Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem while uninstalling the Mysql configured with Adobe LC ES2

Former Community Member

I have Mysql database installed along with the Adobe LC ES2.Now i want to use Oracle11g as my database to save all the data from my process.How can i uninstall the Mysql database.i tried to uninstall it but after uninstalling i am not able to start the jboss service as its displaying the error message of dependencies.Please guide me to solve this issue.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Do, or perhaps, did you want to save the existing data stored in the LiveCycle ES2 MySQL database(s)?

Steve

Former Community Member

No i dont want to save any data from the Mysql database as i have not used it in my process.Also i want to connect my livecycle serever with the Oracle Database.I refered the installation and configuring materials provided by the adobe for database configurations but i could not connect.While i am editing the Adobe_ds.xml file in the text editor i am not able to save the data.Also I have got Mysql_ds.xml data in my application sever -deploy folder.Where can i find the datasource and Adobe_ds.xml file for Oracle database configurations.

Level 10

"While i am editing the Adobe_ds.xml file in the text editor i am not able to save the data."

What do you mean here? Is it showing access deneid error? If so, just stop JBoss and save the changes. It should work.

If you do not need the MySql DB data, you must re-initialize the Oracle DB to use with LCES2.

Try the following steps:

1. Remove the EAR files (installed Solution Components) from deploy folder.

2. Update the Adobe-ds XML.

3. Try to start JBoss now. The JBoss should start without any errors now.

4. Run the Configuration Manager and choose the following actions (as mandatory):

-> Configure LiveCycle EAR

-> Initialize LiveCycle Database

-> etc. etc.

5. Reboot JBoss.

I hope these steps may help you to recover from your problems.

Nith