Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Activate ADE

Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally downloaded ADE to my computer but when I start it I get "E_Adept_IOActivationServiceInfoError %20#2032" and the program won't even start.  I uninstalled and reinstalled ADE three times.  Been on the chat with tech support 3 times but they gave up.  Opened a support ticket and they responded telling me to add ADE to my MS Firewall program list.  Did all that and even closed the firewall but still get the same error message.

I can't even get out of the starting gate for my wife's Nook.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Allen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help, I'm having the same issue. Windows Vista, Mozilla Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo...", means that ADE could not contact  the Adobe activation server (adeactivate.adobe.com).  If you network is  setup correctly and you can get to the server in the browser, then the  next most likely problem is a firewall (McAffee, LittleSnitch, etc...)  prevent ADE from getting outside network access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim:

My problem is exactly the same as Cindy's.  I even shut down my firewall and still no success.  All other downloads (not Adobe) and other internet connections are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I had problems activating I called B&N support and they had me delete any files on Nook that had adobe digital on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I turned off Avast. I turned off the firewall.Using the Install button on ADE page gave me:

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions

Download  digitaleditions_win.zip to C:\Users\Cindy\AppData\Local\Temp

Download failed: connecting to host         (it never connects)

So I manually installed ADE direct (from tech note kb403051). The program pops up for 1-3 seconds, then gives me E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo

More suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I installed ADE on my desktop with no problems, but can't get it to install on my laptop.  I'm disappointed that Adobe hasn't done anything to answer this problem by now.

Mjrken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled a few times and downloaded, I finally called tech

support and they had to deacitvate the old account so i could activate again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines