• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't run mxml file, meaning of green arrow & blue dot?

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having a situation with Flash Burrito where I lose the ability to run an mxml app file.  What I see is the little green triangles put on the file icon disappearing, and then I can also no longer run the file. 

Please Note: I'm working through some example code, where that code lists about 6 - 7 different app-level mxml files inside the default package.

Please Also Note: one of the mxml files listed has a blue-dot over its file icon; however, I can't remember running it in the debug mode, and it doesn't show up as a file that has been run in the past in the debug mode launch area (as shown in the Debug Perspective).

Can anyone shed any light on this issue, and/or what the green arrow and blue dot mean on top of the mxml file icons?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Hi,

The green arrow indicates that it is an application. The blue dot indicates that it is the "default" application. In Flash Builder, the default application gets preference for launching.

If your green triangles are disappearing, then it means that Flash Builder thinks that those files are no longer "Applications". You can manually change this by going to Project properties -> Flex Applications.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The green arrow indicates that it is an application. The blue dot indicates that it is the "default" application. In Flash Builder, the default application gets preference for launching.

If your green triangles are disappearing, then it means that Flash Builder thinks that those files are no longer "Applications". You can manually change this by going to Project properties -> Flex Applications.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anirudh - Thanks, that does fix it.  Not sure why the runability / icons are disappearing, but now I know how to put them back.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Reto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines