Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert SWF is not functional

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 7, Powerpoint 2007.

I'm trying to insert a .swf file into a slideshow using the Insert SWF button.

When I click it, nothing happens.Same result when I click Import Video.

Tried restart, still not working.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all updates up to Presenter 7.05, I can now insert a SWF.

It does not play or display,even after publishing.

The SWF was created in Captivate 4, using AS2 and compatible with Flash Player 7.

Nearly everytime I need to do something with Presenter or Captivate, I need to come to the forums and find a work around or bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since inserting a swf is not a functional feature in Presenter, what would is the prefered video format to insert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I hate to address a question with a question(s), but might I ask, when you say you tried to click the .swf once it was imported thru Presenter to the PPT and nothing happened, what do you mean exactly?

Are you trying to edit the .swf in PowerPoint?
Have you published and are not seeing the imported .swf in the presentation?

I have done a few tests with the Insert SWF feature in Presenter 7, and 9 times out of 10, it imports correctly. Do you have the latest patch, 7.0.6., installed?

If you are running into problems importing a Captivate .swf thru Presenter, check out this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3072813#3072813

If the imported media is misbehaving in general once you publish, check the file size of your media. Double check the number of slides per presentation, as a general rule, try to keep it under 60 slides. It helps reduce the number of quirky publishing errors you encounter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was unable to have imported swfs display once publishing. Saving the powerpoint file down as a ppt as opposed to pptx resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources