Expand my Community achievements bar.

newbie seeks script help

Level 1

I'm using LiveCycle ES for the first time.  I want to make a text box (historicalArea) visible when a radiobutton (historical.historicalYes) is checked.  I know I have to change the presence of historicalArea to (historicalArea.presence="visible"), but I can't find the proper set of terms for the event.  Is is 'click' or 'change'? Do I seek the group (historical) rawValue or the radio button (historicalYes) raw value?  Is the script on the button group, the button or the text box? Basically, if the radio button for Yes is checked, I want the text box to appear for the input of amplifying information.  The original state is 'invisible' and the No button is set.  Here's the script I have set right now: if (historical.rawValue=="2") historicalArea.presence="visible"; else historicalArea.presence="invisible"; endif

HELP!

Gratefully,

don Carlos de la Playa 

3 Replies

Former Community Member

A JavaScript change event could be

// form1.page1.historical::change - (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue == "1") {

historicalArea.presence = "visible";

}

else {

historicalArea.presence = "hidden";

}

While the equivalent FormCalc change event could be

// form1.page1.historical::change - (FormCalc, client)

if (this.rawValue == "1") then

historicalArea.presence = "visible"

else

historicalArea.presence = "hidden"

endif

Steve

Level 1

Steve,

I believe I tried that permutation.  This is the current version for change is:

if(historical.rawValue=="1"){
historicalArea.presence="visible";
}
else {
historicalArea.presence="hidden";
}

No Joy.  Now, thinkng it possible that it just wont work in "Preview" mode, I saved it and tried it from Acrobat.  No joy either.  I actually want the text box historicalArea hidden when 1 (or NO) and visible when 2 (or Yes).  I'm missing something important here.

don Carlos 

Level 1

BINGO.  A 2009 post gave me the answer.  The form was saved as 'static'.  I saved it as 'dynamic' and it works. 

don Carlos