• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 and Windows 7 Issues

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 7 and the OS works great until I install Robohelp 8.   Once Robohelp 8 is installed Explorer starts crashing for no apparent reason. If Robohelp 8 is uninstalled it works again.  My IT department has decided that the fix is to run Robohelp 8 inside a WinXP virtual machine on my laptop.

Has anyone else had this issue with Robohelp 8 causing issues with Windows 7 and if so how did you resolve it?

Jencie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people have it the other way round - RH8 won't run properly on their Win7 machines and end up running it in either XP compatibility mode or in the VM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jencie

I think I saw another user report instability issues if the companion RoboSource Control was also installed. If you have RSC installed, try uninstalling it. Especially if your Windows 7 is of the 64 bit flavor.

There are many of us (myself included) that are using RoboHelp 8 quite successfully in native Windows 7. And my PC is of the 64 bit flavor.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 8 without issue on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I don't have source control installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the end of this link.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3352262#3352262

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp