Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFC Generator doesn't create anything?

Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is baffeling me! We have Coldfusion Builder installed as a plugin to FlashBuilder. I have the CFC generator extension installed. When I right-click on a table in my RDS view and select "Create CFC" It prompts me for a location. Location relative to what??? I've tried a couple of different times with what seemed like appropriate location paths but nothing gets generated. I get no errors and no files open like they did in FlexBuilder 3. That extension was MUCH better!

Also, in the Extensions panel the CFC Generator still shows that is a Beta version. Is there a fully release and tested version? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help your particular solution but check out this article:  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/setup_dev.html .   Near the bottom Kev walks through an example.  The location for the CFC in this case is relative to the project and in the subdirectory for CFCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response... One thing I've noticed is that when the CFC or ORM CFC generator dialog box appears there isn't a "browse" button to browse the file system for where to put the CFCs. Is this normal? Most all the examples I've seen show this button. Any idea how we fix this? Uninstall and reinstall CF Builder or just the Extensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get a Browse button for both the CFC and ORM CFC generators.  This was the pop up from right-clicking on a table name...

ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 28 14.17.gif

I've also recently updated CF Builder with the recent update so maybe you are on the original release version when you're not seeing the Browse button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm running CF Builder as a plugin to FlashBuilder. CFBuilder version is 1.0.0.274293 and the CFC Generator Extension version is Beta. Is the CFC Generator GUI functionality in the extension or part of Eclipse as a plugin? I'm just wondering if I need an update, a reinstall, or just reinstall the plugin... Additionally, I gotta say that the CFC generator included is no where as good as the one that was included in CFEclipse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like you have the latest CFBuilder.

I recently reinstalled CFBuilder as the "standalone" (aka complete with Eclipse) install.   I was having some other weirdness (not related to this discussion) when I installed CF Builder ontop of an existing eclipse install, so I went the standalone route.   The CFC Extensions still show up as "Beta", but appear to work just fine.

Maybe when "beta" turns into 1.0 there will be more stability and robustness...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CFC generator that is included in builder is based on extension feature in CF Builder. It allows you to do things in CFB like adding a menu etc and when the menu is clicked the call is handled by cfm on the server. It does not use eclipse plugin mechanism.

If you check your server webroot, you can see a folder with name " Adobe CFC Generator" and the cfms would be under handler folder.

Adobe ship them more as sample example, so feel free to modify them to generate CFC the way you want them.

Check couple of links - http://www.pukkared.com/2010/11/my-first-cf-builder-extension/

http://www.mattgifford.co.uk/lorem-ipsum-coldfusion-builder-extension/

Thanks,

Hemant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier, CFC generator is just an extension that is based on extension framework provided by CF Builder. There are some interesting CFC generators that CF community folks have written that you can install in CF builder and use.

Check http://www.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.category&id=14

Check http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusionBuilder/Using/WSf01dbd23413dda0ea6b27fe1213a53315f-7fd8.html on information on how to install an extension. Extension is just a zip file that needs to be installed in CFB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no luck with this... Looking at the CF Logs the "bolt" log has the following errors:

The cause of this exception was: java.io.fileNotFoundException: C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-temp\{folder_I_specified}/{tableName}.cfc

AND

An error occured when performing a file operation write on file C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-temp\{folder_I_specified}/{tableName}.cfc

The Adobe CFC Generator extension folder is located in the webroot (which is on a network share and not local to the CF install).

I've installed the extension successfully into CFBuilder. I've tried putting log / trace statements in the index.cfm file of the extension but they never get written to the log. I'm convinced that after being installed to CFBuilder, the files inside the Adobe CFC Generator folder are no longer referenced.

Any thoughts... anyone?????

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation