• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions doesn't recognize my Literati!

Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plugged in my Literati and then launched ADE, but nothing happens. Can I manually authorize my Literati and transfer books from ADE to Literati? Is there anything else I can try? Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read elsewhere in the Forum that when you connect your Literati, then open ADE, if it doesn't automatically pop up to authorize device you can hit CTRL-SHIFT-E and that will make it pop up.  However, it does NOT work with mine... but it might work on yours.  Can't hurt to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted how to hook your Literti up a few posts down...go down to the one that says Literati....how the SD card works...

Make sure you uninstall the Adobe Digital Reader program first before you start over....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, a lot of people have been having this problem (including me!) The Ctrl Shift E is actually to deauthorize a device. As far as I know, ADE does accept Literati, and as for reinstalling ADE, I tried, and it didn't work. Someone help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Literati. I followed the instructions of the person talking about the SD card. ADE just won't recognize the Literati! Does anyone know how to force ADE to "look" for another Device and authorize it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Macbook user.  I just bought a Literati.  I downloaded the ADE and was able to authorize my computer and download library books.  But when I tried to authorize my ereader it doesn't recognize it.  No window pops up to recognize or authorize it.  I tried all the suggestions, but nothing works.  I am thinking of returning the device if I can't read library books (the main reason I bought it).  Any other ideas before trying to return it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my sister and I recieved literatis for christmas.  I was able to hook mine up to my computer but we have been unable to get digital editions to recongize it on her computer.  The only differences on our computers are that I have upgraded mine on wifi and have windows 7 instead of vista. I wonder if these two things are what are making the difference? I have reset her reader and uninstalled/reinstalled digital editions numerous times. I'm at lost of what else to try!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

This seems to be a real problem that Sony, despite hours of calls and 'chats', can't seem to resolve.

We had it all working on our previous PC with no problems at all. We have at last updated and this is where the problems start.

What is different? The only thing I can think of is that we are now running Windows7 (previously XP Pro)

The problem for us may be that the Reader was originally registered/authorised on the old PC - but as Sony say you can authorise it on 6 PC's I don't see this as the issue.

However, what I can say is that the Sony Reader is recognised by the computer as a device - we can see all the files (books etc) on the Reader as a 'Removable Disk'.

We can then transfer books between the computer and the Reader in Windows Explorer (both ways).

In theory this is a 'workaround' as it does allow you to:

Download an e-book from wherever you buy them.

Save it to a folder on your PC.

Connect the Reader with USB cable

Transfer the book to the reader.

It is a shame you can't use the software Sony supply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent days trying to connect my Literati by way of the USB port.  I spoke to several different techs at both Kobo and at Literati.  They had me return to factory settings over and over again, try different USB ports, try different computers, Windows WP, Windows 7, etc. and  nothing worked.  A very computer literate friend discovered that the Literati didn't have a driver needed for a USB connection.  All I am able to tell you is that he searched on line for a driver and installed it and now it works.  As with all devices that use an USB port, the device  needs a driver.  I hope that this will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ritamas -

Did your computer recongnize your literati at all? My sister's computer does recongnize it but the application does not.... I am more then willing to see or find a way to uploaded the needed driver but can you ask your friend for alittle more direction??? The internet means an endless search!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not recognize it at all. Sometimes the message about

"remembering to log off before disconnecting" would come up on the screen but it

would not appear as recognized when one checked in My Computer. It was as if

it simply did not exist. And the techs to not know what to do if you call

for support. I will ask my friend for the location of the driver and send

it tomorrow. He is at work now and will not be home until after midnight.

I made several calls to tech support for Literati and not one person knew

about this problem or what to do about it and you can tell from the forum

that many people had this problem. Mine is working fine now and the Literati

icon does appear in the Adobe Digital Editions and in My Computer once the

driver is installed. Any thing connected by way of the USB port has a

driver and I can't imagine why they haven't included one in the update you get

when first setting up or why the techs don't know anything about it. Good

luck and I will try to find the information for you.

In a message dated 1/5/2011 5:01:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

ritamas -

Did your computer recognize your literati at all? My sister's computer

does recognize it but the application does not.... I am more then willing to

see or find a way to uploaded the needed driver but can you ask your friend

for a little more direction??? The Internet means an endless search!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help at all, but I had to download two updates to my literati before ADE would recognize it.  Make sure you connect your literati to wifi, and the download update should pop up.  Like I said, I had to download and restart my literati twice, but then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU twigmas!  That worked!  I hadn't tried it again on ADE since I was

finally able to get the wifi to work on it (all I can say about those that are

having trouble with the Security Key for your wifi is make absolutely sure

you're using the correct Security Key.  I was absolutely sure that I was, but

called my internet provider anyway, and sure enough it had been reset when we

got a new router).  Anyway, when I finally got the wifi to work, it

automatically downloaded 2 updates - the driver must have been in one of those

updates.  When I hooked it up to my PC via the USB, and then launced ADE, it

popped up right away for me to authorize it.  Problem solved (for me anyway)! 

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My wife and I just bought Literati on sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Both came preloaded with an old version of the software.  When I talked with the Literati support people, they were not helpful, but I finally found out that you have to have at LEAST version 1.9 and SHOULD have Version 2.0 loaded in order for the unit to work with ADE and some other software from vendors and libraries.  I did have problems authorizing my unit on my wifi setup, and it had to do with the WEP key.  I was able to get the 'right' one from my Netgear router by using its control software.  Make SURE you type it in correctly - it's case sensitive.  Once through the wifi hurdles, I was able to get my wife's to connect easily.

It appears that the Version 2.0 software for the Literati has folders for ADE.

When I went to the local library site to download a book, the site prompted me to install ADE, and I did that successfully.  I then connected the Literati to my computer via USB (and turned it on, of course), and then launched ADE, which recognized the Literati immediately.  No problem downloading a library book to my computer, and then just clicking and dragging it to the Literati.

When I finished the book, I was able to return it early via the drop-down menu on the book FROM my Literati while it was connected to ADE on the computer.

My only problem is with the way ADE installs itself on my computer (see my post on that subject).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines