Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct Link to Topic

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2006 Jun 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a total RoboHelp newbie, grovelling for help. I've spent time googling and RTMing, but I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Our tech writer is on vacation and I've inherited the task of updating our help docs for functionality that releases in 24 hours. Any help would be most appreciated.

I'm using RoboHelp X5, and outputting plain HTML. My topics are organized into folders, with a standard table of contents displayed.

What I need to do is to create a URL that links directly to a folder topic, while retaining the TOC. I can link directly to the HTML file inside of the folder, but I haven't figured out how to get the TOC to display.

Guidance on this subject would be most welcome.

thanks,
matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 19, 2006 Jun 19, 2006
Hi matt and welcome to our community

Well, I know you said you were outputting "plain HTML", but many formats RoboHelp is capable of producing are HTML. So the answer I'll provide here will apply to WebHelp output.

Take a look at the following links:
Link One - Peter Grainge's site
Link Two - RoboWizard site

See if either of those meet your needs. If not, post back with more information and we will try and help!

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 19, 2006 Jun 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matt and welcome to our community

Well, I know you said you were outputting "plain HTML", but many formats RoboHelp is capable of producing are HTML. So the answer I'll provide here will apply to WebHelp output.

Take a look at the following links:
Link One - Peter Grainge's site
Link Two - RoboWizard site

See if either of those meet your needs. If not, post back with more information and we will try and help!

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2006 Jun 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter Grainge's site had exactly what I needed. Thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp