Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization Issues

Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over christmas, I bought myself on a new ebook on my laptop, downloading it onto my reader library. On the laptop I used my own adobe account, seeing as I had one before hand. But, when I got my ereader, it was pre-registared onto my parents account on a different computer. Not seeing the difference between having it on two different accounts.

So, when I tried adding my new books to my sony eread (model PRS-600/RC), it wouldn't let me, claiming the books were authorized to another account.

I am wondering if there is anyway to redownload the book to a different account or transfer the books to the other account because the only way I can read them is online, which defeats the purpose of an ereader

Please respond! Thanks!

-Mickey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, is there a way to strip the DRM from the books that I bought on the other computer? Or is there a way to authorize an ereader to multiple accounts? I've read something on both, I just can't seem to find it anymore..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a way to strip the DRM. You may find it helpful to read my post “What to do if you can’t authorise your ereader”. You’ll find it down further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mickey

Your story sounds like mine. Have you managed to sort it out?

Regards

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines