Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

session variable against cross domain

Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I use session variable against cross domian. I couldn't find any sample code.

For example: I login in 1 app and it should automatically login in other apps without re-login.

Thanks for your help in adavance.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this to work with just session data, the following has to be true.

1) All the applications need to be executing on the same ColdFusion server on the same computer box.

2) All the applications have to share the same "Application Name" OR there has to be code that will copy data from one application to another that executes somewhere in your application(s).

3) All the applications have to receive the same CFID and CFTOKEN (OR JSESSIONID) cookie values.

If all these items are true then the same session data will be available to these applications and the applications can apply whatever login logic you desire based on the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But do you have any examples. That would be really helpful. I couldn't find any.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Examples of which one?

What exactly are you trying to do?  How are the varous applications related to each other?  What is the server and box configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation