• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minor emergency - copying TOCs

Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

What a day to have a panic... hope there are some other fine individuals out there working and looking for a way to earn their Christmas Good Deed Badge..

Ok, so I reckon this is really simple. I am currently making a custom TOC for a client who only wants certain parts of the information in our webhelp, but I would like to start from the Generic TOC. Am I being stupid (very, very possible) or is there no easy way to make a TOC based on one that already exists? I can drag and drop the project files from the Project Manager, but they are not brilliantly organised and it would take a lot more time to make sure they were all in the right place...

Anybody know a quick solution to this?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Hi there

If you are using RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8, you can easily copy a TOC in the TOC editor.

First, open the TOC editor pod. Then click the Create TOC button in the TOC pod toolbar.

tmp2.png

From there, click New and place a check mark in the Copy existing Table of Contents check box.

Give the new TOC a name and choose the TOC to copy and you should be good to go.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are using RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8, you can easily copy a TOC in the TOC editor.

First, open the TOC editor pod. Then click the Create TOC button in the TOC pod toolbar.

tmp2.png

From there, click New and place a check mark in the Copy existing Table of Contents check box.

Give the new TOC a name and choose the TOC to copy and you should be good to go.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh god it was right under the stupid name entry thing when I was creating a TOC! I kept on typing a name and pressing enter then trying to copy across content from one to the other.

Well, I told you me being stupid was a possibility.

Cheers Rick...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help

If it helps anything, things like that tend to bite me in the ankle on a regular basis. I like to think of it as my "I cannot see the silly forest because of all the stinkin trees blocking my view" syndrome.

It often helps to get a view from someone not so involved with it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp