Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant transfer books from ADE to EBook

Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have like so many others un-installed and re-installed ADE, but I see them in my library but just cant transfer them to the ebook. when I think I have made progress and they do show in my ebook when I go to open the book it tells me that there is no file or this book is encrypted. The only book I have been able to transfer is a PDF file book. When that downloaded I just right click with mouse and saved it to ADE but not for the books that i downloaded from the free Adobe library, so if anyone has some suggestion on what to do I would be greatly appreciated for your knowledge. My ebook is MiGear BSTE 101

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I had a similar problem. You may find it helpful to read my post “What to do if you can’t authorise your ereader”. You'll find it down a few posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot transfer books either. And no, that post was not at all helpful.

There is no command to sync books to or authorize my ereader. I understand that it was supposed to happen "automatically" but it didn't. I can't believe Adobe's only support is this dumb*ss message board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fifr

I can understand why the other post wasn't helpful - if only reading the post is all one does! You haven't emailed me for the solution to my problem that I found (which is what I suggest people reading the post actually do!)

Anyway, I understand the frustration. I, along with many others, are finding ADE to be a seriously flawed product. Time will see Adobe solutions to people's various problems emerge I imagine but, in the meantime, too many hours being wasted by too many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have recently been given a MiGear BSTE102. I have downloaded "Adobe Reader Mobile" onto the MiGear device, as it is supposed to read "epub" files with an epub or acsm extension.

I have successfully downloaded Adobe Digital Editions on to my Personal Computer and also successfully downloaded an E-book (in epub format) to my PC, which I can clearly read on my PC with Adobe Digital Editions. No problem on the PC.

However, I transfer the book/file to the MiGear portable E-reader, but Adobe Reader Mobile does not recognise that there is even a file in the E-book "Digital Editions" Folder. I know it is there, because both my PC recognises it in the separate drive and a search on the Ebook finds the file but lists a ? next to it. It is unable to be read.

Why does Digital Editions not recognise the file on the E-Reader? The file extension is acsm whichis supposed to be synonymous with epub. What is the best solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Helgabmat

The short answer probably is that, at this point of time, Adobe and your ereader aren't compatible. Check out this link: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

You may find it helpful to read my post “What to do if you can’t authorise your ereader”. You’ll find it down further. email me in line with that post and I'll send you my solution. It may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines