• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

user not activated

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded 2 e-books in acceptable formats from ADE to my Nook. When I try to read them on my Nook it says user not activated even though I have registered and am active on both the Barnes and Noble and Adobe sites. Where am I failing?? Thanks....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just set up my Nook . After copying an ebook from ADE on my PC to the Nook and trying to read the book, the Nook gives me the "user not activted" message.

Did you ever figure out how to fix this ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't got it figured yet. Sorry.

Mark

-

JLJLJL6 <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

I've just set up my Nook . After copying an ebook from ADE on my PC to the Nook and trying to read the book, the Nook gives me the "user not activted" message.

Did you ever figure out how to fix this ?

Thanks.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I'll let u know if / when I et it figured out.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: I have a new nook...BUT

Here are the steps:

1)  Connect Nook to computer

2)  In Explorer, DELETE  Adobe Digital Edition

3) Disconnect the Nook from the computer

4) starte ADE

5)then plug in Nook to the computer

6) ADE will ask you to register Nook

7) Do so

8) Now you see Nook in the ADE

9) Close ADE and disconnect Nook

now you should be able to read

For some reason these instructions have been totally eliminated by Barnes and Noble.  I found someone in the Forum myself who gave me these instructions and it works.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the steps you recommended.  When I DELETED ADE from windows explorer, I had to re-install it.  when I did that, the books I had previously downloaded were there in ADE already.  I tried connecting the nook again and the ICON for nook just showed up again.....there was no prompt from ADE asking me to register the nook again (I had already done this when I first downloaded ADE)  I called B&N was on hold forever....they told me it was an issue with ADOBE and that I should call them....I called ADOBE and was on hold for 20 minutes....they told me since it was a free download the only support was online.....basically right now....unless I buy books from B&N this nook is useless...can't download anything from the library....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to claify that I attemted this right....In step 2, I deleted ADE in Windows Explorer.  In step 4 you said to start ADE.  But since I deleted it, there was no ADE program to start.....I had to reinstall it.....is that correct?

If so, I tried that and ADE never asked me to register the nook again.

Has anyone figured this out?  I have spent 4 hours on this so far and nothing!!  Help!!  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! spent hours at B&N, they tried but could not fix the problem. spent hours on the phone,,,,,,, so frustrating. willing to try the above post.  anything!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the poster meant to delete the adoble digital editions folder in your nook. So when you go to your Windows Expolore - and look at the nook contents - there is an adobe digital editons folder...delete that...then follow the rest of the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for clarifying this.....I tried it and it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the whole process, and no longer get User not activated, but cannot read the book either.  When I attempt to open/read my desired downloaded book, which is located in My Documents, it says it is "Opening Document" but then goes right back to the My Document screen.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

When I did all the steps that had been suggested, it had me "Authorize" my Nook, it did not actually say anything about "Activating" anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where ia the adobe digital folder located on the nook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your nook plugged in .. Go to my computer. There you will see a drive

for your nook, its kinda like a flash drive. Open this and remove adobe

digital editions folder AND digital editions folder, you have to remove

both. Close this and remove the nook. Open adobe digital editions, then

plug in your nook and wait a minute. The screen you need will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my HERO!! You are right, you must delete both folders!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAHOO ! ! !  This is the answer !  It is important to delete BOTH folders.  I followed these directions and lo-n-behold, I'm reading library books.  Thank You, Thank You.  How come - we spend all this money and WE have to debunk these devices?  We get little or no help from either B&N or Adobe.  One would think that with all of us having this specific issue that both B&N and Adobe would recognize it as an issue and get together to provide us with a fix/patch.  In any event cmi3661, thank you again from many of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can't help because we are using FREE software, so their techs are not allowed to do much for us.  However, it was adobe help line that sent me to this forum, so I guess I have to say they did at least get me to where I needed to be.  I had not bothered going to B&N; figured I had found the experts I needed right here!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! I have been having issues like everyone else. B&N told me to uninstall/re-install the Adobe software and it would work. I tried it 3 times but it didn't work. My library branch couldn't help either but they told me to contact Adobe. I read all the postings and it truly did work! Leave Adobe installed but go in to the Nook folder and delete the 2 folders-digital editions and Adobe digital editions. I restarted my computer, plugged my Nook back in, opened up Digital Editions and the screen to activate the Nook automatically came up. It activated, I drug the library book to my Nook and the book opened up. SO excited!! The reason I picked the Nook over the Kindle was because of the library book capability with the Nook. I was pretty bummed over the lack of support and answers from B&N. I know they have no power over software they didn't create, but they could at least log on to Adobe and read the postings like I did and educate themselves. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help all of us out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grrrrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mrs_Loomis, thank you so much, it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the info -- deleting both the digital editions folder and file made these instructions work for me!  And saved me many hours of frustration, I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm as well that Mrs Loomis directions worked for our nook.  No longer "User not activated".  Psyched!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you!! I've spent days trying to solve this problem, including very frustrating exchanges with B&N support. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure this will help me.  I made a mistake when I was setting up everything for my Nook I ended up using 2 different email

addresses as the user.  WHen I go to download a book from the library it says "unauthorized user". Somehow I think I need to eliminate one of these email addresses and possibly delete and reinstall adobe reader?   VDVFL

Message was edited by: VDVFL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you I have been hours at this and it worked YEA!! I can read my book now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow Nook owners:  I am still not able to pull this off.

I plug in my nook and delete the ADE folder using explorer.

I unplug my nook.

I start ADE.

I plug in my nook and get no request to activate.

Anyone with an idea of what I am missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines