• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED; what is the 'right' timezone?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when I try downloading an e-book from Routledge. I saw the error means that the timezone or time settings are wrong on my computer. They don't explain what the "right" timezone is though. I live in Holland (+1), the publisher is in the UK (0) and I used a creditcard with an address in the USA (-5). I changed my timezone from +1 into 0, but it still doesn't work. What can I do?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The important bit is to have the time and the timezone matching on your computer.   (Ie if it is 6:15 pm in the Netherlands right now, then you computer clock shows 6:15pm and the timezone is set to +1).

--

-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what Jim means, but I tried to synchronise the time with the internet-time (which my computer does automatically once every while), but it doesn't make a difference. I can still not open the e-book in Adobe Digital Editions. After synchronising, I tried downloading the book again from the e-book selling website, I tried opening the link that I downloaded before I synchronised the time etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and a Happy New Year!

Do you understand the answer of Jim? I cannot follow him and I have the more or less the same problem ( living in the Netherlands.)

groet!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines