• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first installed After Effects CS5 and received the message:

"Warning: could not rename the file"/Users//After Effects/10.0/Workspaces. 215.1407350736477761.xml' to 'Workspaces.xmp"."

Then I followed one posts on removing the folder 10.0. Then I added it back again. Now I get the message when starting:

"Quicktime is not installed on this system, some components will not work correctly."

So I downloaded QT 7.6.9 but it would not install with a message saying because QT X is on the system. I installed QT 6.6 and updated. Still the message continues.

That is followed by the message:

"You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check out Output Module Templates."

The Plug-ins folder is there.

In the Output Module is says: Missing Lossless, MissingL Quicktime.. ect.

What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks!

Using on Mac 10.6.5 snow leopard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects needs a version of QuickTime more recent than 6.6 if you're going to use QuickTime formats.

You should be able to install QuickTime 7.6.x on a computer with QuickTime X. I have, as have many others.

If QuickTime X is somehow keeping you from installing QuickTime 7, then this seems like a job for Apple Technical Support. http://support.apple.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd! Happy New Year! I have Quicktime X and Quicktime 7.6.6 Pro installed. I had an error message and now it is working.

The is the other message that I get after the I say Ok to the Quicktime message. Then it says there is missing output.

The Output Module choices seem limited to me but I don't know what is available with After Effect. There is no ProRes or other such choices. How can I fix this?

Thanks! Jen

Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 2.37.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The Output Module choices seem limited to me but I don't know what is available with After Effect.

Those are just the templates. Think of them as presets. You can choose from many, many more customized options.

You should read the documentation rather than diving into the middle. After Effects (like any professional software) is confusing when you just dive into the middle.

Here's a good place to start for learning about rendering and exporting: "Rendering and exporting overview"

Regarding your problem with QuickTime, it's hard to help you if you don't give the exact text of the messages that you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am new to this software and just read posts on how to use it.

Here are the messages. First is the Quicktime message. However Quicktime 7 player was installed and the pro code as well.

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 3.05.54 AM.png

After I click okay then this message comes up.

Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 2.36.37 PM.png

How can I solve these errors?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually have QuickTime 7.x installed, and you're getting that message, then it's possible that something is blocking After Effects from communicating with the QuickTime server. See this document for a possible solution for that:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Basically, it suggests turning off your firewall software or explicitly telling it to let the Adobe QT32 Server process communicate.

Here's another thing to try: Log in to your computer as the root user.  Once you are logged in as  root, start After Effects and see if the  problem with QuickTime persists. If it works OK, return to your regular  user account and try again. For information  on enabling the root user,  see the Apple documentation on enabling the  root user account, located here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I just noticed something in re-reading your first post. You said that you "removed the 10.0 folder" and put it back again. I think that you missed the point of removing that folder. You should delete the preferences folder. The point is to delete it and let the application recreate a fresh version.

You should reset your preferences by removing this folder:

<drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/

... or even this one if you haven't set any preferences yet for other Adobe applications:

<drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

1. Quicktime. I don't know about firewall. The document didn't say how to turn off firewall software or letting it processing communications. I will try enabling root user account.

2. From your second response:

At the time, I read some posts and I saw your post elsewhere to delete that files so I thought I would try deleting the 10.0 folder and see what happened.

When After Effects does launch it is after several minutes.

fyi Here is where I deleted the 10.0 folder and added it back again. Before doing that is did not launch. I will delete the After Effect folder and see if that works.

Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 1.36.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.

I deleted the After Effects folder. It now takes over 10 min to launch. Not sure why it take so long.

I launched AE from the root and it did not have the Quicktime error but when back to regular admin log in and it still comes up. Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines