Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Copy non-embedded files to output folder" does not work for linked resources

Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to have the files from a linked resource (folder) be copied to the bin-release/debug folder?

I have an actionscript project that loads the release swfs of other projects. To make things easier, I created an assets folder that has linked folders to the bin-release folders of the other projects, so that every time I compile a release swf from them, the newest build lands into the assets folder of "loader" app. That worked fine and I can see all my swfs. I can not seem to get those linked resources to be copied into the bin-release/debug folder of the project though. Before I turn to my savior ANT, is there a way in eclipse to have these seen as hard links instead of references, or perhaps a compiler option that will allow me to set that folder to always be copied.

This solution works the other way around, when i set the bin-release folder of each of the projects that are being loaded to a linked assets directory of the loaded app, so I'm assuming that the (virtual) linked resources are the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I am having exactly the same issue!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this up.

We have filed a bug for the same:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-29501.

The bug is under investigation and please refer to the bug report for any updates.

Thanks,

Balaji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the bug:

Flash Builder currently ignores linked folders while copying resources if their actual location sits outside known source containers.

A simple workaround would be to create a new source folder (this is a link as well and can point to an existing folder) via Project Properties -> Flex Build Path that contains the files that need to be copied to bin-debug/bin-release.

Would this work in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines