• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am writting a test using a sequencer to test for multiple button click

Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using flex sdk 4.1 and have a situation where a  button click is sometimes called twice. I am writting a test for this using a sequencer and it will run for at least one button click, what I am not sure is how to test for multiple click events(which shouldn't happen, but occours randomly in my project)

package tests.view
{
    import flash.events.MouseEvent;

import flexunit.framework.Assert;

import mx.events.FlexEvent;

import org.flexunit.async.Async;
    import org.fluint.sequence.SequenceEventDispatcher;
    import org.fluint.sequence.SequenceRunner;
    import org.fluint.sequence.SequenceWaiter;
    import org.fluint.uiImpersonation.UIImpersonator;

import views.AddComments;

public class TestAddComments
    {       

private var view:AddComments;

[Before(async,ui)]
        public function setUp() : void
        {
            view = new AddComments;
            Async.proceedOnEvent( this, view, FlexEvent.CREATION_COMPLETE, 600 );
            UIImpersonator.addChild( view );
        }

[Test]
        public function testButtonClick():void
        {
            view.addCommentBtn
            var sequence:SequenceRunner = new SequenceRunner( this );

sequence.addStep( new SequenceEventDispatcher( view.addCommentBtn, new MouseEvent( 'click', true, false ) ) );
            sequence.addStep( new SequenceWaiter( view.addCommentBtn, MouseEvent.CLICK, 100 ) );
            sequence.run();
        }
    }
}

TOPICS
FlexUnit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

The only way you could test for that type of circumstance... one where something may happen... is to do so with a timeout. In other words, you cannot let the test pass simply because the first event occurred.

Two ways to handle this... with sequences:

Instead, you write a test that expects 2 clicks. In the assertion handler (which would only be reached if both clicks occur) you would fail the test:

fail('i shouldnt be here');

In the Waiter for the 2nd click, you would specify a timeout handler. That

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way you could test for that type of circumstance... one where something may happen... is to do so with a timeout. In other words, you cannot let the test pass simply because the first event occurred.

Two ways to handle this... with sequences:

Instead, you write a test that expects 2 clicks. In the assertion handler (which would only be reached if both clicks occur) you would fail the test:

fail('i shouldnt be here');

In the Waiter for the 2nd click, you would specify a timeout handler. That timeout handler will get called in the 2nd click does not occur in the specified time... (finding that time is the hard part). The default timeout handler fails the test, however, in your case, your timeout handler would just happily do any assertions needed and move on. A timeout does not necessarily mean failure... in your case, it is correct

Second choice:

You could create a timer. Create an event handler for the button click which increments a counter. Start the timer, do your test. However, have your test pending on the timer's completion rather than something like the click.. In that case, you would then be able to just check the count:

private var clickCount:int = 0;

[Test]

public function testButtonClick():void {

var timer:Timer = new Timer( 100, 1 );

Async.handleEvent( this, timer, TimerEvent.COMPLETE, checkClickCount );

view.addCommentBtn.addEventListener( 'click', function( e:Event ):void { clickCount++ } );

view.addCommentBtn.dispatchEvent( new MouseEvent( 'click;, true, false ) );

}

private function checkClickCount( e:Event ):void {

assertEquals( 1, clickCount );

}

However, I can't imagine how the test you are describing could ever yield more than one click event... I am guessing the problem is elsewhere, but this will help you verify

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, thats the best answer I've ever got, and I've had some good ones

im gonna try a newer sdk. I'm also usign robotlegs but I doubt thats the problem as the view that im testing, in fact all the buttons seem to have this problem, doesn't contain any RL framework code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw is there any way I could run that test say , 100 times?

I'm also getting timout errors for this:

[Test(async,timeout="5000")]

var timer:Timer = new Timer( 100,1 );

Async.handleEvent( this, timer, TimerEvent.TIMER_COMPLETE, checkClickCount,200 );

view.addCommentBtn.addEventListener( 'click', function( e:Event ):void { clickCount++ } );

view.addCommentBtn.dispatchEvent( new MouseEvent( MouseEvent.CLICK, true, false ) );

}

thanks again my friends for any light you can shed on this:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to be starting the timer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, you could make it a parameterized test and run it a bunch of times, but let's get it working just the once first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some I'm getting

ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on tests.view::TestAddComments/checkClickCount

for this code:

private function checkClickCount( e:Event ):void {

Assert.assertEquals( 1, clickCount );

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

opps this was the problem:

private function checkClickCount( e:Event, passThroughData:Object ):void {

Assert.assertEquals( 1, clickCount );

}

I was thinking of having some sort of loop in this code to repeat the test 100 times, I'm not really sure how to do that param thing you mentioned.

[Test(async,timeout="5000")]

var timer:Timer = new Timer( 100,1 );

Async.handleEvent( this, timer, TimerEvent.TIMER_COMPLETE, checkClickCount,150 );

view.addCommentBtn.dispatchEvent( new MouseEvent( MouseEvent.CLICK, true, false ) );

timer.start();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines