• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Reset "Published" Name in Captivate 5

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 5 seems to cling to project title names, and I can't figure out how to reset them. For example, I have a file named Section_OrderEntry.cptx. When I go to File > Publish and the Publish dialog opens, the default Project Title it gives me is: Adding User_demo. I believe the name and the "_demo" extension are a result of the file originally being created and saved when my Captivate was in its 30 trial. I've since purchased the eLearning Suite.

Any ideas on where I can reset the default Project Title? I want it to be the same as the file name. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

I've seen this behaviour at times as well.  What I usually do to fix it is:

1. Open the project file in Captivate 5.
  2. Save As a new file name in a different directory on your PC somewhere.
  3. Open the Publish dialog and set the Title to what you want.
  4. Publish to the same target directory as the original file was publishing to.
  5. Save As again, but this time save the file back to the same file name and directory where you started.
  6. Check the Publish dialog Title field now.  Is it what you want this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this behaviour at times as well.  What I usually do to fix it is:

1. Open the project file in Captivate 5.
  2. Save As a new file name in a different directory on your PC somewhere.
  3. Open the Publish dialog and set the Title to what you want.
  4. Publish to the same target directory as the original file was publishing to.
  5. Save As again, but this time save the file back to the same file name and directory where you started.
  6. Check the Publish dialog Title field now.  Is it what you want this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod! I've got a lot of projects, so this is definitely going to save me time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

For what it's worth, I'm hoping that you and anyone else encountering the issue will take a few moments and report this to Adobe as a bug. That way it will be on their radar to be fixed in either a patch or in the next release. (Link to the bug report is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! I did in fact report the bug. Here's what I sent:

Steps to reproduce bug:

The learning module I'm creating is actually several projects that need to be connected. For example, users viewing Project A will at some point have the option to click a link to go to Project B. So within Project A, I have created a "Go to Project B" button, which I have given an action of "Open another project" and selected the Project B Captivate file as the target. Both Captivate files are in the same folder; the published SWF and HTM files are also in the folder.

Results:

When I view Project A in a browser and I click the "Go to Project B" button, nothing happens. The cursor changes to a hand to indicate the link, but nothing happens after the click.

Further, I understand this to be a Flash Player security issue. And I have followed the convoluted steps to get around this. But even when I do, the results are mixed -- sometimes it works, sometimes not. And even when I place the files on a web server and access them NOT from my local machine, the buttons don't work.

Expected results: When I set a button action to open another project, I pretty much expect the button to open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Methinks you may be thinking of a different thread and a different issue? This thread seems related to the Name used when publishing. To my knowledge, it has nothing to do with linking.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! That's what I get for responding to email instead of in the forum. I will report this bug, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the issue as well and have taken a moment to report this to Adobe as a bug. Here is what I submitted (hope this will be understood):

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:

Captivate 5 seems to cling to old project title names

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. I have a project named Ex155C.cptx. .

2. When I go to File > Publish and the Publish dialog opens, the default Project Title it gives me is: Ex150.

Results:

The default Project Title it given as: Ex150 (instead of Ex155C). I believe the name is retained from a file formerly being created and saved.

When the Project Title is corrected saved once, next time the wrong old default title reappears.

Expected results:

Need the default Project Title every first time to be the same as the file name, after that the Project Title from last publishing / saving must be retained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suffering from the same bug. Thanks for your workflow - following this the project title was adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted this fix, and still get the old project title every time.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ron!

This worked for me, though I wish Adobe would fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources