Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

After going through the search on past problems with browser versions .... I am wondering if there is one answer??  Can someone help me understand what I should do in RH 8 to be able to use Safari, Chrome, Mozilla, etc???  Something other than IE?  Our users are getting more and more creative and do not want to be limited to IE..... oh, the good old days....

I would appreciate any suggestions, links, etc.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output are you looking to create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already have departmental procedures, policies, etc built for our employees to use.  However, they have encountered errors using Chrome recently.  For example, if they go to pull up a particular page, it brings up the wrong page.  Maybe this issue has to be addressed for each type of problem??  I was hoping for a general remedy!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't really answer my question - I'm assuming you're talking about WebHelp?

Newest versions of Chrome have busted all WebHelp output that's located on a local hard drive or intranet server. This was a "security" fix and has got everybody who locally distributes WebHelp miffed. No word on how (or who) is going to fix this - Google or the HAT makers.

I seem to remember Peter mentioning something about Safari only being supported on Macs - no PC version of it is supported by RH.

From what I remember, Firefox works ok with WebHelp. I could be wrong - I haven't noticed any problems with my output lately (but I haven't checked recently either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - but I am in the RoboHelp forum using RH 8.  Sorry for any confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you're in the RoboHelp HTML forum, doesn't mean that everybody automagically knows what output type you're creating - it just means that you're using RH HTML, not RoboHelp for Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The deal with RoboHelp 8 is that IE and Firefox are supported.

Chrome is not supported but should work except if the webhelp is on a local drive. There is a workaround for that which may or may not be acceptable to you, see Snippets on my site. The problem with local webhelp in Chrome applies to all webhelp, not just that produced by RoboHelp.

WebHelp in Safari is only supported for Safari on a Mac but again it is likely to work OK with Safari on a Windows machine.

I am surprised that Chrome is calling the wrong topics and think that would need further investigation. A link is a link so its difficult to see why Chrome would bring up the wrong topic.

Appearance on the other hand I would expect to be a bit different in each browser. The differences though should be very minor.

None of this is to do with settings in RoboHelp. The wrong topic issue needs some poking around and the first test would be to set up another simple project to see if the same issues arise. Appearance differences will either have to be accepted or individually addresses for which details are needed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp