• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: Topic pod - How to tell if topic is linked?

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see the 'TOC' and 'TOC Name' columns that indicates if a given topic appears in a TOC.

I know I can right-click a topic and choose Show Topic Links from the context menu to see what the topic links to, and what links to *it*.

What I'm wondering is... is there a way to see if a topic has been linked to from another topic *without* using the context menu? That is, I seem to recall in an older version of RH that the topic icon would turn blue if it had been 'used' (not sure if that was indicating used in a TOC, or used in a link).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This sounds like a job for...

tmp1.PNG

Try clicking Tools > Reports > Topic References.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I came across that before I posted, but was hoping that there was something more 'in my face' 🙂

(By the way... am I misremembering the 'blue topic' icon?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Yes Leon, we must always be aware that the RoboPolice are always among us and watching. (I was just having some fun with SnagIt)

Anyhoo... John, you are remembering the blue icons. I think the smurfs crept in. Which makes me ponder. What color does a smurf turn if you choke it?

I had long forgotten about the dearly departed blue icons. I recall being rather dismayed when they died. Last I recall, they were present in X5. So I cracked open my copy of X5 in my virtual machine to see. Here is a screen capture:

tmp1.PNG

So it was the topics linked to the TOC that had blue icons. In the image above, all the topics were blue until I knocked one of them out of the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges.

I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Tools > Reports > Unused Files help?

Shows, amongst other things, topics that don't have anything calling them, another topic, the TOC etc.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp