Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java projects in Flash Builder

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I previously used Flex Builder 3 on Vista x64.   Inside Flex Builder 3, I had both flex projects and java projects.  I needed both because I use BlazeDS and kept the java code in a separate project.  I would only like 1 development environment.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and went ahead and upgraded my Flex Builder 3 to Flash Builder 4.

It was a simple measure to import my flex projects into Flash Builder 4.

When I tried to import the Flex 3 java projects into Flash Builder 4, Flash Builder responded with:

" The folder does not contain a valid Flash Builder Project."

Short of installing Eclipse, a 32bit version of java, and using the Flash Builder Plugin, is there a way to get my java projects to import and compile in Flash Builder 4 while running on Windows 7 x64?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

- Steve

P.S.  I may have had to import something special to get it to work in Flex Builder 3, I just can't remember.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to compile Java projects in FB4, you'll need to add eclipse's Java Development Tools (JDT).

You can add the JDT this way:

- quit FB4, and launch with "Run as Administrator" from the context (right-click) menu

- from the Help menu choose "Install New Software..."

- in the resulting dialog click "Add", and enter a name of your choosing such as "Galileo Updates" in the Name field

- enter this URL into the Location field:

http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/

- hit OK and then browse the available Galileo Updates

- select Programming Languages > Eclipse Java Development Tools

- continue on with the usual Update workflow, and after finishing it will prompt you to relaunch automatically.

Allow FB4 to relaunch, and you should now have the JDT available for compiling Java projects.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Superb! Thanks!

- Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this apply for Flash Builder 4.7? Is the update site the same?

One more question, would I be able to open the Java project through "import an existing project" menu item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx1138 wrote:

Does this apply for Flash Builder 4.7? Is the update site the same?

One more question, would I be able to open the Java project through "import an existing project" menu item?

Hi I would like to know the same answer. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines