Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my .htt is appearing on top of each topic when viewed

Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying our template to each topic, I saw that the content of the .htt is shown in each topic that I created.

RH8Problem.jpg

Template content is appearing on all of the topics where that template is applied. Please help on how remove this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the sticky topic Before You Post and always include the edition and version of RoboHelp at the start of new threads. I am guessing you are using RoboHelp 8 HTML.

Wild guess but I suspect you have somehow got all the information that is shown in a new Master Page into its header. When you apply a Master Page to any existing topic, you should only see what is in the header and / or footer of the Master Page.

Try creating another Master Page and make a very minimal change, then apply it to one topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to my colleague Peter's fine advice, it is worth noting that there is another place the content could have ended up.

In RoboHelp 8 Master Pages there is sort of a "No man's land". If you add something there, it's not exactly in the header but it's not in the body either. This area is immediately above or below the Body placeholder. Anthing placed in this area is also carried over and will populate topics linked to the master page.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp