• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: Creating / updating bullet list style?

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting lost. I have a project that I inherited.

• Amongst my list of available styles, I have two styles: ListBullet (which is a paragraph style) and p-ListBullet (which is a list style) -- In the Styles and Formatting pod, ListBullet has the paragraph symbol and p-Listbullet has the list symbol.
  • In my .css file, I have an entry for p.ListBullet and an entry for LI.p-ListBullet (both show list-style="disc")
  • Over in RH, in the ApplyStyle box, I see ListBullet (no p-ListBullet).
If I use ListBullet, I get a numbered list. (When I look at the html, it has created it as an ordered list.)
I figured, 'fine, I'll create a new style from scratch so that I can learn what I'm supposed to be doing'. I dug up the article below, and get jammed up because I don't think I'm seeing what I'm supposed to be seeing. (My problems are noted in red.)
My questions are (hopefully) simple-ish:
How do I create a list style in RH, and is there anything special I need to do on the .css side of things (I would think not, because that's just 'skinning')?
How can I modify the existing ListBullet style so that it works as a bulleted list (the way it's supposed to)? (There is a *lot* of content with this style applied already.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
----------This is the topic that I'm getting messed up on---------------

Lists

Create a bullet style for a style sheet

1. Open the topic to customize a bullet style.  I assume this means any topic, so I opened one of my existing topics.

2. From the Format menu, select Styles. Okay -- this pops up the Styles and Formatting pod.

3. In List, select All Styles. In the listbox, I have 'All available styles' so I selected that.

4. From Available In, select an external or embedded style sheet. I don't see Available In anywhere, so I can't do this step. (Note: Over in my project manager, I only have one .css showing (bar.css).

5. From the Styles list, select a style and click the Create New Style button . Does this mean to select an existing style to use as a template? If so... okay.

6. Under Style Type, select Paragraph Style. Now I'm getting even more confused -- why a Paragraph Style instead of a List Style? I'm stopping here because I am well and truly befuddled. HELP?!

7. Type a name for the new style. The name can contain letters and numbers only and cannot begin with a number.

8. Under Style For Following Paragraph, select (No Change).

9. Click Format and specify settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Take a look at the item about lists in Using RoboHelp 8 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the lack of formatting and the absence of the 'red' text I promised -- it was there when I went to post, but it disappeared when the posting made it to the board.

In the procedure, I added my comments in steps 1 through 6. (Each step had one sentence - my content follows that.)

Sorry for the wall o' text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the item about lists in Using RoboHelp 8 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp