• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

invalid date or time string

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put data into my db that is a date string from a .csv file, this is the format it's in from the file: 3/3/1952 (example)

this is my query:

<cfquery name="importcsv" datasource="#APPLICATION.dataSource#">
         INSERT INTO employees (siteID,empstatus,empfirstname,empmiddlename,emplastname,empnickname, emplocation,empgender,empdob,empdoh,empee)
         VALUES
                  (<CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#trim(listgetAt(i,1))#">,
                    <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,2)#">,
                    <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,3)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#trim(listgetAt(i,4))#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,5)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,6)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,7)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,8)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" VALUE="#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(ParseDateTime(listgetAt(i,9))), 'MM/DD/YYYY')#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" VALUE="#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(ParseDateTime(listgetAt(i,10))), 'MM/DD/YYYY')#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,11)#">
                  )
   </cfquery>

This is the line giving me the problem:

<CFQUERYPARAM cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" VALUE="#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(ParseDateTime(listgetAt(i,9))), 'MM/DD/YYYY')#">,

Can anyone help me get thi sworking properly? I've been looking at all kinds of documents and web tricks and it's not working.

Thank you

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a sample line of the data file, and also tell us the CF error that you are getting.

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is the error:

empdob is an invalid date or time string.

The error occurred in f:\websites\211562fe3\partners\cfm\csvUploadAction.cfm: line 58

56 :                  <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,7)#">,
57 :                  <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,8)#">,
58 :                  <CFQUERYPARAM cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" VALUE="#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(ParseDateTime(listgetAt(i,9))), 'MM/DD/YYYY')#">,
59 :                  <CFQUERYPARAM cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" VALUE="#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(ParseDateTime(listgetAt(i,10))), 'MM/DD/YYYY')#">,
60 :                  <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,11)#">

The rest of the code is in my other post, the date appears in the .csv file like this: 00/00/0000 and it won't take it in my query, the table is also set for date and it's an access database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

empdob is an invalid date or time string.

The error seems pretty clear. The value "empDob" is not a date. Perhaps your file has a header row you are inadvertently trying to load?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this. I forgot I had a header row in the spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run into an invalid date value in your CSV do you want to substitute a NULL value?  You could do something like:

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" value="#listgetAt(i,9)#" null="#YesNoFormat( IsDate(listgetAt(i,9)) neq true  )#">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also try using cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp".  That is the cfsqltype that works for MS SQL DateTime fields, it may also be appropriate to use in MS Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the date time problem, but now this code is giving me a data mismatch..

It's all correct from what I see.. it says the problem is in line 60, that's the last cfqueryparam in the input. It is marked as a text field

with the number 10 in it and the cfqueryparam is set as variablechar.

Here is my error:

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

The error occurred in C:\websites\211562fe3\partners\cfm\csvUploadAction.cfm: line 60

58 :                    '#listgetAt('#index#',9, ',')#',
59 :                    '#listgetAt('#index#',10, ',')#',
60 :                    '#listgetAt('#index#',11, ',')#') 
61 :    </cfquery> 
62 : </cfloop> 

This is my query now:
<cfquery name="importcsv" datasource="#APPLICATION.dataSource#">
         INSERT INTO employees (siteID,empstatus,empfirstname,empmiddlename,emplastname,empnickname, emplocation,empgender,empdob,empdoh,empee)
         VALUES
                  (<CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#trim(listgetAt(i,1))#">,
                    <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,2)#">,
                    <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,3)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#trim(listgetAt(i,4))#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,5)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,6)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,7)#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,8)#">,
                 <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" value="#listgetAt(i,9)#" null="#YesNoFormat( IsDate(listgetAt(i,9)) neq true  )#">,
                <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" value="#listgetAt(i,10)#" null="#YesNoFormat( IsDate(listgetAt(i,10)) neq true  )#">,
                 <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="cf_sql_varchar" VALUE="#listgetAt(i,11)#">
                  )
   </cfquery>

and this is the line from the .csv file I'm trying to upload into the database:
12,active,Douglas,L,Berg,none,Marshall,MN,Male,3/3/1952,3/3/1952,none

It should all go in with no problem, what am I missing here?
Thank you for all the help so far. It seems to have satisfied the date problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post more of your code:

1. More of your code.  It would be useful to see how your loop is executing.

2. The definition of your table structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding:  The definition of your table structure.

Especially the siteid field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation